Gaming What I would like to see from Nintendo on the DS

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
freshness said:
as far as i know the ds was only a project and the whole team thought the idea of two screens would be an epic fail, but after the big succes of the ds (phat) the lite came out...check wikipedia...

i think there is a good chance to see some good games, even if they aren´t from the major franchise of nintendo and who cares about it...the important thing is to get good games...

i would love to see some classic snes ports like demon´s crest, the dkc series, secret of mana 2...but that´s impossible...in addition i would love to see a 2D metroid game again, but that´s impossible too^^
I think that's false. Who spends money on a system that might fail? Investing is one thing, but if all of them disagreed then there's no way that idea would be released to the public.

EDIT: Think about it. "Yeah, the DS might fail, In fact, our entire team thinks the same, but let's spend millions of dollars on it anyway."

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Mario Kart 2 should be the best
biggrin.gif

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Rockstar said:
ericling said:
Mario Kart 2 should be the best
biggrin.gif
with dsi tilt controls

Dsi got tilt feature?
EDIT: oh I found the news.haha good to hear that future ds have the tilt feature
smile.gif
Nintendo always impress me
OFF TOPIC:Just noticed your new signature.Kinda cool
biggrin.gif

Kurobon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dudeonline said:
LoZ remake...Like "New Legend of Zelda" upgraded graphics, etc...
Super Mario World remake ala "New Super Mario Bros."
a new Donkey Kong country.
Paper Mario DS
Some new fucking IP!!!

*drools over the possibility over a LoZ: Orcania of time DS*
gbasp.gif
and a Loz that isn't cell shaded
mad.gif

I'd like to see more games that are free of bugs/glitches (just recently was playing harvest moon DS) asking that fom the Devs of Harvest Moon is kind of asking a lot though, considering their track record.

wanderone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Nintendo themselves will be releasing any big-branded Nintendo developed titles for the DS anytime soon if ever at all again. Surely nothing like another 3D Metroid title or ports of older titles revamped for the DS.

They only seem to release their in-house developed titles near the beginning of the system's lifespan and let the licensed developers take control of things when they start to pick up (System sales that is).

The DSi is selling very well so we can look forward to lots and lots of shovelware with a few key titles from licensed developers. If sales start to slacken off, then I think we can look forwards to a new system and new titles from the big N. It probably costs a bucketload to make a 3D game like Metroid Hunters on the DS and I think N. would only be willing to part with that if they thought it would help with system sales.

I'm guessing they're doing similiar to what they did with the original GB. Build up the system sales with converts/sequels of older titles. Release another system/systems with tweaked or minor upgrades (To develop or maintain flagging interest in the system), then an entirely new system with backwards compatibility to the old system while offering 'new'* stuff (* = upgraded older titles or sequels with slightly different/upgraded play mechanics/graphics) to get *everyone's* attention again.

It sucks there's not more originality/hardcore development on the DS than there is. Blame the shovelware producers and the shovelware buyers for turning the DS into a casual/toddler gaming brand.

The only big convert I've heard about is Golden Sun DS and I'm not sure if that's from the Big N. or not. I've just played the GBA version and didn't really like it to play it again so soon. I haven't even played the Chronotrigger DS port even though I kinda liked the SNES version. I want good *original* games, not ports or minor upgrades of older titles.

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would be true if the hardware or even software sales were "flagging" but they are not. I think the DS still has a good life left in it as far as consoles and software goes. No software house is going to drop the console any time soon especially with the userbase it has.

I am sorry to say it, but what we on here consider shovelware actually sells because it is liked by the target audience, most people on here would not give the imagine series of games time of day an cry "shovelware" as soon as its released but it loved by the young girls out there, the audience it was aimed at. you really think if it sold that badly that they would still be running TV ads in prime time and I was chatting with a friend who works in a game shop and he tells me they are the constant top sellers in the shops.

I agree there is some real badly programmed shovelware out there, but that's the same on any console....

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
wanderone said:
I don't think Nintendo themselves will be releasing any big-branded Nintendo developed titles for the DS anytime soon if ever at all again. Surely nothing like another 3D Metroid title or ports of older titles revamped for the DS.

They only seem to release their in-house developed titles near the beginning of the system's lifespan and let the licensed developers take control of things when they start to pick up (System sales that is).

That's not true:
"When the DS was announced (E3 2004), they also announced tons of games for the GBA (like F-Zero GP Legend, Mario Pinbal, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green,The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Mario Party Advance, Mario Golf Advance, DK: King of Swing, Mario vs Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Country 2 advance), so we can expect to have major announcements for the DS this year's E3 or the next E3(even if they announce another portable system next year). "

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While I agree with some of what has been said others like ssb or oot makes me laugh,I would like to see the following....

2d metroid
pokemon tcg
mario golf
new dqm

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sonic cd remake
sonic the fighters remake
zelda like the gbc ones
eartbound 0, 1 and 2 remakes
street fighter 2 remake

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'd like to see: No more remakes of dear old nostalgic games. I want something new, something fresh, something with the same high quality, non gimicky and timeless like the classic marios and zeldas and metroids and stuff...
Something that is clearly thought through, star quality, polished 32 times after it's 100% done BEFORE releasing... But still, shouldn't be mario, not zelda... not a competitor to mario either, like sonic... something new.

THAT, and a NEW side scrolling metroid and a NEW side scrolling zelda á la zelda 2
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!