What I would like to see from Nintendo on the DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by funem, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Hisiru

Hisiru GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2008
    Brazil
    Do you works for Nintendo? How do you know that they won't release any major games at this point? If you start to think logically, there is NO reason to release a new handheld now because the DS is selling better than any other system this generation and take a look at japanese sales for the last week:
    Wii – 215,129
    DSi – 113,984
    PS3 – 110,519
    PSP – 105,801
    DSi LL – 81,430
    DS Lite – 17,695
    Xbox 360 – 6,489
    PSP go – 4,192
    PS2 – 3,747
    Source: http://www.nintendoeverything.com/30471/

They will release a new handheld if the current handheld isn't selling well and not because the current handheld is 5 or 6 years old... As you said, DON'T compare the two, DS is selling much better than the GBA and soon it will outsell the PS2.

There is no exact lifespan, they will release a new handheld if the DS isn't selling well.

2. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Former Staff

Former Staff
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    Also this. If were not taking the GBC into consideration, the DSi should end the "current generation" also, according to your logic.

3. haflore

haflore aeternaliter fluxa

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    I wasn't spouting BS, I didn't mean to say the Colour came out I'm '96. I was just trying to clear things up a little.

4. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Former Staff

Former Staff
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    Sorry I didnt specify. I wasn't talking to you either. I was talking to the one that claims the GB had a 6 year lifespan.

5. haflore

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    It's ok, my mistake. But doesn't it help his case if the GBC came out I. '98 instead?

6. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Former Staff

Former Staff
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    yeah, the GBC came out in late 98 as far as I can remember, and I saw Gameboy Pockets out in stores atleast a year and a half after that.

The GBA came out in 2001, the DS came out in 2004, so IMO the GBA was just a stepping stone for the DS

7. haflore

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    Agreed. It was ready years before they released it, they were holding back due to sales.

8. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Former Staff

Former Staff
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    And Ninty stated when it was revealed that it would be a compliment to the GBA, but we saw how well THAT went [​IMG]

9. haflore

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    Ok, now I was unclear. I meant the GBA was ready since about '99-ish, although it's also true of the DS. And yeah, the GBA couldn't have survived with the DS around.

10. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    I was talking about the GBA when I referred to the 6 year lifespan. And I used the word "about". Not exact.

Your argument falls apart once you add in that fact.

Why wouldn't Nintendo release another system? The DS has been out for a long time now. Surely, Nintendo will release the next handheld system soon.

11. sixteenbuttons

sixteenbuttons Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2009
    United States
    They did release their next handheld system, the DSi - and more recently the DSi LL.

12. haflore

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    I actually kinda want them to release a new one, with better graphics, the GBA slot, and a thumbstick or two.

13. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Beat me too it! dang it!

14. Hisiru

Hisiru GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2008
    Brazil
    Because the DS is selling better than any other system this generation. They won't release a new handheld just because the current is a little old, it doesn't makes any sense.

Why would they release a new handheld if they are making a lot of money with the DS?

15. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Former Staff

Former Staff
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    This. Also, they havnt even released the XL here in the US, so why would they made a new console altogether?

16. Chaz.

Chaz. GBAtemp Fan

Jul 7, 2009
    UK
    New Animal Crossing would be nice, and a new Rayman from Ubisoft!

17. Hisiru

Hisiru GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2008
    Brazil
    @dudeonline
    Exactly! They released the DS when the GBA wasn't selling well, so they will probably make the same thing with the DS and the XL wasn't released here yet as you said. I think they will announce a new handheld in the end of 2011 or 2012 but not this year.

When the DS was announced (E3 2004), they also announced tons of games for the GBA (like F-Zero GP Legend, Mario Pinbal, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green,The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Mario Party Advance, Mario Golf Advance, DK: King of Swing, Mario vs Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Country 2 advance), so we can expect to have major announcements for the DS this year's E3 or the next E3(even if they announce another portable system next year).

18. Choumaru

Choumaru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2009
    United States
    With Nolan
    I really wish for a port of Super Mario RPG, Legend of the Seven Stars on the DS, as well as revisiting some old time classics such as Ice Climbers, Earth Bound, Kid Icarus, as well as new Donkey Kong Game for there first party titles.

Maybe a retake on the old Megaman platformer and Bomberman.

19. Mr.Mysterio

Mr.Mysterio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2008
    Qatar
    Unknown
    A new F-Zero game
    Earthbound Series in English
    Super Smash Bros
    Luigi's Mansion DS
    A new 3dimensional Mario game made especially for the DS
    Another Mario platformer.

20. House Spider

House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Banned
    Apr 25, 2009
    Dundalk
    A decent 3D Mario Platformer, practically playing Mario 64 was boring espcially since I paid for it as I didn't have a flashcart then.