Hacking What has better RTS support? CycloDS Evolution or M3i Zero?

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What has better RTS (real-time saving aka "save states") support: CycloDS Evolution or M3i Zero?

I've had the CycloDS Evolution for a long time but purchased an M3i Zero because I thought I would be buying a DSi XL but instead I decided to keep my DS Lite so I now have both flash cartridges.

I've tried the M3i Zero with Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and it didn't work too great. Depending on when I loaded the save state, the sound would be a constant loud buzz. However, I'm not sure how the CycloDS compares.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even though I prefer M3i over CycloDS, I admit the CycloDS has better RTS support
frown.gif

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I'd recommend checking out the Supercard DS ONE's RTS too because EOS seriously kicks some ass.
Thanks for the information!

It doesn't bother me too much having to activate RTS before playing a game, but does the DSONE/EOS have better RTS compatibility?

Their website says it has an "intelligent 3D detection" feature but I'm wondering if the CycloDS does the same thing...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Haven't tried the M3i Zero but my CycloDS Evo hasn't had that much problems with save states (RTS). It doesn't work perfectly for every game because of the hardware limits of the DS, but usually this just makes the sounds skip a beat or too for a few seconds (fixed by going into a building or something else similar). The RTS hasn't frozen on the Cyclo so far so I guess it has a good compatibility with games. Also if the RTS has some problems, TeamCyclops usually are able to fix it with a FW update.

//Qtis

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
sofakng said:
PharaohsVizier said:
I'd recommend checking out the Supercard DS ONE's RTS too because EOS seriously kicks some ass.
Thanks for the information!

It doesn't bother me too much having to activate RTS before playing a game, but does the DSONE/EOS have better RTS compatibility?

Their website says it has an "intelligent 3D detection" feature but I'm wondering if the CycloDS does the same thing...
Well, I'm not sure, but I haven't run into any games that haven't worked yet on the SCDSOne.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: