Question What happens if comments are not removed at Nintendo's request?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,579
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
There's an old thread which I've read through several times and it always surprises me that a comment was removed "At request of Nintendo." As far as I know, if a comment does not link to or contain something Nintendo owns the copyright of then they lack the power to take action against the site. If a comment does contain warez, then a moderator will remove it before Nintendo sees it.

I can't post a direct link but the thread is called: SX Core/Lite Install Checklist/Guide (Before/After)

EDIT:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-core-lite-install-checklist-guide-before-after.571417/

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: I added the link to the thread.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I contacted the moderator who removed this. Turns out it's not actually nintendo who asked for removal, it's the author himself who requested the removal after he received a C&D. We just complied with the author's request.
Yeah that was my request. It was more of a preventative measure to give them more leverage on me. Since they wanted me to pay fees based on my installs done and also wanted all my customers info (lol no)

So I managed to avoid any fees and didn't provide any info. Signed my C&D after 2 months and also didn't pay any legal fees since it covers me.

Some people got hit real bad though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it isn't removed they get the cops
The stuff they wanted removed was actually in the tx forums (that's how they targeted me)

Also weirdly enough they wanted me to include their copy pasta of me stating what I did was illegal etc.
Which I didn't do because I got my account deleted like they asked hurr.

Mainly I didn't want to delete my temp account so better to purge posts

Last edited by izy,

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
Yeah that was my request. It was more of a preventative measure to give them more leverage on me. Since they wanted me to pay fees based on my installs done and also wanted all my customers info (lol no)

So I managed to avoid any fees and didn't provide any info. Signed my C&D after 2 months and also didn't pay any legal fees since it covers me.

Some people got hit real bad though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The stuff they wanted removed was actually in the tx forums (that's how they targeted me)

Also weirdly enough they wanted me to include their copy pasta of me stating what I did was illegal etc.
Which I didn't do because I got my account deleted like they asked hurr.

Mainly I didn't want to delete my temp account so better to purge posts
But the cops? :unsure:

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it worries me bout the new blank/atmos chip? I mean dragon injector had nothing (not even atmos pre-installed) to my knowledge and the creator got in legal trouble

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But the cops? :unsure:
What cops I complied with the c and d signed confirmation document gg no ree.

All they got was me telling basically deleting some posts on tx etc.

They wanted which I did not provide.
The complete number of installs I have done.
How much I sold each install for.
The full profit of all the installs I have done.
The contact information such as address's of all the people I installed for.

Then it said afterwards that nintendo would fine me at their discretion based on that info and also pay their legal fees to the firm.

You can see why I didn't agree

So it was handled outside of court and I had no fines/fees.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-