What games can you recommend to my 7 Year old Cousin?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Der_Blockbuster, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Pokémon and Animal Crossing are good picks. There are also horses. These are the two games I'd recommend even without the horses.

I would also recommend Pokémon USUM, since there are more horses.

MythicalData likes this.
  2. antiNT

antiNT a.k.a Johnny El Pollo Loco

Sep 14, 2015
    Qatar
    Doha - Qatar
    Dark Souls for a 7yo :rofl2:

3. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    And yet what age group do you find on cod and overwatch? The adults are on mario kart and monster hunter.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Because adults aren't 7 years old, and Mario Kart is E for EVERYONE and monster hunter is T for TEENS.

Why you find younger age groups playing call of duty is cause of parents allowing it to happen. (or they can sneak) :ninja:

5. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Definitely something reading-light (unless she's pretty advanced) A lot of reading is boring for a 7 year old so I couldn't recommend a Zelda game just yet.

Your standard Marios and Kirbys are safe bets. Style Saavy and Cooking mama are also good series for young children and girls. If she isn't easily threatened, Metroid Samus returns has like, less than 500 words of text and it isn't *too* difficult to control.

There's also games like pokemon (if her parents are okay with that. I know some are kinda scared of it because of misunderstandings), smash, minecraft which are pretty easy to understand.

Obviously avoid any kind of RPG, including the Mario and Luigi series. Too much text and slow paces aren't great unless she's an incredibly adept reader.

Above all, I wouldn't put *too* many games on there. It's easy to get overwhelmed with the amount of games so I'd say gift her some as she beats the one's she has. She'll play the most out of what you give her.

Finally, make sure her parents are cool with this move. Obviously, you're being really genrous and that's great. Some parents are kind of strict about screen times and video games though and you don't want to accidentally upset the setup their family has going.

Der_Blockbuster likes this.
  6. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    On all seriousness: show her Elite Beat Agents and she'll need nothing else.

7. Zetman

Zetman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    Italy
    Tomodachi life, animal crossing something like this

8. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Der_Blockbuster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 2, 2016
    Germany
    Im struggeling, like I really want her to play something like OOT or DKC1 2 3. But yeah you guys are right, she could get overwhelmed...also I think lego games should be pretty funny too.

But yeah I think diversity is a good thing.
    I will probably sort them in a specific way to make the really good games stand out.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted