Hacking Homebrew sharing games on switch (help)

hagsmire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, recently i got a new switch and decided to buy a game from the eshop. me and my sister were able to play the game at the same time since that nintendo account had a user on her switch. she was only able to play on a separate user since at the time that switch was the primary console. however i decided to make my new switch the primary console, and now we've come across a problem: she is no longer able to play the game with her user. i made the mistake of deleting my user on her switch and linking my nintendo account to her user, not knowing that it would just overwrite it. now we are unable to play the game at the same time like we were before.

is there any way that i could backup her save data using cfw > delete the account on her switch > create a new user > and import her save data to the new user ? and after doing this would i be able to remove the cfw from the switch ? (i would only be using it for this and i wouldnt want to risk getting banned or anything) (i have some experience with cfw, although on my homebrewed 3ds which im not really worried about)

if this isnt possible, is there any way i could have my switch as the primary console and let her be able to play my games on her switch with both of us using different users ? if not, someone please let me know what options i have to work around this. i know that just buying another copy of the game is an option but im really trying to avoid that lol

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You should be able to add multiple account on 1 switch afaik.
You can't play at the same time (I don't know if you can play at the same time if you put the Switch in airplane mode).
If you add her account to the Switch, the save files should also be transfered.

Adding CFW to the Switch might leave some traces and result in a ban from Nintendo.

Another option would be to use CFW to start Hekate.
With Hekate you can dump your internal memory (NAND) as an image to the SD card.
This leaves no traces as long as you stay in Hekate.
The image on the SD card can be mounted on a PC where you can extract the save files.

hagsmire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to add multiple account on 1 switch afaik.
You can't play at the same time (I don't know if you can play at the same time if you put the Switch in airplane mode).
If you add her account to the Switch, the save files should also be transfered.

Adding CFW to the Switch might leave some traces and result in a ban from Nintendo.

Another option would be to use CFW to start Hekate.
With Hekate you can dump your internal memory (NAND) as an image to the SD card.
This leaves no traces as long as you stay in Hekate.
The image on the SD card can be mounted on a PC where you can extract the save files.
this really isn’t the issue here, i’m just trying to share the game that i bought using my nintendo account. she won’t be able to play it using a different account. she has her own user on the switch just not her own nintendo account (like what you use to access the eshop, if that wasn’t clear)

hagsmire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yes i already know about this, in fact this is exactly what i mentioned. it’s just that i’m trying to work around this so i would be able to play together with my sister since this is what prevents us from playing at the same time
Basically, you can not do it.
Same thing happens with steam's family share.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto