GCN What Gamecube games am I missing out on?

xhaborymx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm finally ready to finish up an era on the GC and move onto the Wii. I'm finishing up the Resident Evil series along with Killer 7. What other games should I check out before I devote more time to my Wii? I've already played a lot of the other greats, like the Metroid Primes, Zelda, and Viewtiful Joe. I need other games that are worth playing, in your opinions. I've got Tales of Symphonia marked as another game I should try, but I dunno. Thanks.

Kyro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
F-Zero GX

and then in no particular order :

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin 1 & 2
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Star Fox Adventures

BvG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Donkey Konga, Donkey Konga 2, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, Pikmin, Prince of Persia and of course F-Zero GX.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
F-Zero GX? What an odd choice. You want this guy to break his controllers or what?

Did you try Chibi Robo? It's pretty fun. Mario Strikers is fun, too, but who cares, a sequel is planned on Wii.

If you haven't played it to death, Monkey Ball is fun, too. I recommend both as they have different mini-games, so it really depends on whether you have friends that like video games or not.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I dunno, Resident Evil 1 for the Gamecube is pretty sweet. I've always liked the Sonic Adventure series do to the challenge.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean along with its recently released prequel, Baten Kaitos Origins. Great RPGs. I loved the first and I'm still playing the 2nd one. Fun combat system and good storyline.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May not be pretty but has excellent unique gameplay -- Cubivore (1st party game they wouldn't release and Atlus did.) Also some hate, some love... Starfox Adventures. If you like 'zelda' like platformers and are not a starfox snob that just has to have it arwings or nothing it has a nice story and good gameplay.

mcsquared

Trophies
XP
Country
all the mario sports games are pretty good in multiplayer, as is party. DK & bongos is good too. single player i always go back to fifa *sigh*

the ssx games are pretty good imho

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game I personally liked best for the gamecube is Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, it's a tad short, but I enjoyed every moment of it.
And for multiplayer games, Super Smash Brothers: Melee and Mario Karts are also always fun ofcourse...

Nevin007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here are two games I enjoyed that nobody really takes about.

True Crime: Streets of L.A. was a lot of fun if you like GTA type games.

Dead to Rights - Linear game and not too long, but very challenging on hardest mode was a lot of fun for me at least.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I just bought F-Zero GX for my Wii yesterday
smile.gif
It's awesome. Supports both Progressive scan and 16:9. Looks better than most Wii games and it was made in 2003
blink.gif

So far it's an amazing game, incredibly difficult but amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...