Gaming What format is a NSW file from BigBlueBox??

MrRochie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are the rar archives corrupt on most BBB game files when extracting with winrar? Does anyone know exactly what a BBB file is and what to do with it?? Sorry for being dumb here, this is just a tech question for me at this point just got a switch yesterday.. Thanks team...

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are the rar archives corrupt on most BBB game files when extracting with winrar? Does anyone know exactly what a BBB file is and what to do with it?? Sorry for being dumb here, this is just a tech question for me at this point just got a switch yesterday.. Thanks team...
They're just regular split rar files. Either use the newest version of WinRAR or use something better like 7Zip to extract them.

MrRochie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of these files are not labeled as RARs. Some are labeled as a bigbluebox file with no extension. Don't know what Ive got here or what to do with them ... :-(

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NSW files being dumped by BBB are .xci file format. The .nfo is just release info about the dump and the .sfv is a validity check. If you have a corrupt file, you might've gotten it from a bad site or you're just not unarchiving it incorrectly. Not enough info to say more.

Reactions: Albytrozz and yusuo

MrRochie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks JellyPerson and AnalogMan. adding rar didnt work either.. I was kinda expecting an XCI file in there somewhere in these BBB dumps.. but right now I'm lost..

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks JellyPerson and AnalogMan. adding rar didnt work either.. I was kinda expecting an XCI file in there somewhere in these BBB dumps.. but right now I'm lost..

As it's against the rules to say where you got them, it's tough to know if what you downloaded was legitimate. If you're confident in where you got them, they should be XCI, it's just a matter of unarchiving them correctly. Things to try would be make sure your computer is showing the file extension. Suggestions above to "add .rar to the end" would only work if the computer is already set to show extensions - otherwise you're just renaming it to BBB.ext.rar (where BBB is whatever file and ext is whatever extension is hiding in there)

Reactions: Albytrozz

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
As it's against the rules to say where you got them, it's tough to know if what you downloaded was legitimate. If you're confident in where you got them, they should be XCI, it's just a matter of unarchiving them correctly. Things to try would be make sure your computer is showing the file extension. Suggestions above to "add .rar to the end" would only work if the computer is already set to show extensions - otherwise you're just renaming it to BBB.ext.rar (where BBB is whatever file and ext is whatever extension is hiding in there)

Just tell him to go find the shepherd

Google might be a good choice

MrRochie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty confident of my source and my computer is set to show file extensions.. What about using other tools on the guys.. Ive seen things like XCI dumper and stuff like that talked about some also looking for info in google and newgroups. Like I said Im a noob on the switch... A old relic from the PSP Dark Alex days .... :-)

Reactions: crazy_p

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
It's gonna be in a xci format but if you downloading from from the internet it'sthey are gonna be in a .rar format that you need to extract using WinRAR or 7zip or unraring progam

MrRochie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are rar are they password protected?? Maybe thats why it says they are in a unrecognizable format or corrupt.. ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If they are rar are they password protected?? Maybe thats why it says they are in a unrecognizable format or corrupt.. ?
It should ask you for the password if that's the case, but no, original packed scene releases aren't passworded.
Maybe they aren't in rar format but instead in .001, .002 etc format. Winrar should still be able to open those but won't have a file association by default.

Some of these files are not labeled as RARs. Some are labeled as a bigbluebox file with no extension. Don't know what Ive got here or what to do with them ... :-(
Post the full file names of those files?

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Just want to add some questions...

.3ds is the file extension for 3ds retail dump cart, while .cia on 3ds digital dump.
if the .nsw is the file extension for nintendo switch retail dump, whats the file extension for nintendo switch digital dump?

Plague1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use a downloader when getting the roms. I tried dloading them with Firefox then chrome I either got corrupted files or partial downloads. Using jdownloader v2 downloaded over 100 roms on the first attempt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty @BigOnYa @BakerMan :creep: +1