Hacking What firmware can I expect from a Wii that is bought this week?

stefh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I was wondering if somebody knows what firmware to expect from a Wii that will be bought this week? I live in the Netherlands.

Does the serial number on the box tell something?

I know there is the possibility of downgrading, but I am affraid something will go wrong.

I succesfully installed everything on my own Wii, which I have since launch. I just stuck with firmware 3.2.

If a Wii will be bought and it has older firmware than 3.2, will the backup launcher gamma work, or do I have to go to 3.2 first? Is there a minimum firmware necessary?

And if I update the firmware in the wii's system menu, it will probably go straight to 3.4 I guess?

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
good chance it will be 3.3E - mine was from a month ago. Easily downgraded to 3.2E if you want starfall protection, but it will work with Backuplauncher straight out of the box if you follow the guides for the twilight hack etc...

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
are you buying another backup as a safety thing? one that you're not going to hack?

besides that, you have just as much chance of screwing up your wii installing the loader and cIOS stuff as you do downgrading so what does it matter what version its on?

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
depends where you purchase from i guess some stores only have little stock due to not many people purchasing so may have an old version, my mate had one 2 weeks ago that was 3.1 also, nice firmware to start off at
smile.gif

DB62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I just recieved my USA-NTSC Wii and it is on 3.1U I have a d2sun chip in it and the homebrew channel was intalled through the twilight hack. What is the best and easiest way to get to 3.2U and then how do I add the STARFALL to it?

I only will be using NTSC-USA ISO's, so will I still need to use wiibrickblocker at all on them? Also, if I don't care about the homebrew channel, can I just use a newer game and update the firmware to 3.4 and still be able to use my backups? If yes and I can go to 3.4U, would I stll need to use wiibrickblocker before burning any ISO? Thanks to all!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: i wish i can just get rid of them