Do i need to use ohneschwanzenegger then restore a virgin nand to get a virgin wii with data, or can i skip the ohneschwanzenegger procress?

bow9911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i've been thining of modding my wii, but i want a way to go back. I know that there's a thing called ohneschwanzenegger but it does a FULL unmod, so if power goes out during a nand restore, its dead. But i wonder, can i load a virgin nand and skip the entire ohneschwanzenegger process for a clean nand? And if something goes out, lets just say the part of nand with bootmii boot2 is alive, would i be able to load it? Note : im wondering if i can fully go back, i dont want responses of " oh you can just remove all visible traces " " oh just run hackmii installer and then uninstall ". i want to know if this is a full unmod. I am using a program called "casper2bootmii" which is an emulated bootmii running of an SD card, so removing bootmii from wii memory wouldn't affect it at all.

IF THIS IS THE DUMBEST IDEA EVER AND IT WILL PROBABLY NOT WORK, PLEASE SAY SO. JUST STRAIGHT UP BE LIKE " yo bro that idea so dumb wont work because (optional reason) "

Last edited by bow9911,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u have bootmii boot2 u will be able to recover from an interrupted nand restore, regardless whether the nand was make by ohneschwanzenegger or not.

If u have a nand backup from before modding the wii, using modmii's Casper2Bootmii.bat (or similar process set up manually) then u can restore this should you ever want to go back to stock, no need for ohneschwanzenegger. That being said, bootmii boot2 will still be installed on the console (if there to begin with). You can uninstall before or after the nand restore if u want, but it is not recommended.

bow9911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u have bootmii boot2 u will be able to recover from an interrupted nand restore, regardless whether the nand was make by ohneschwanzenegger or not.

If u have a nand backup from before modding the wii, using modmii's Casper2Bootmii.bat (or similar process set up manually) then u can restore this should you ever want to go back to stock, no need for ohneschwanzenegger. That being said, bootmii boot2 will still be installed on the console (if there to begin with). You can uninstall before or after the nand restore if u want, but it is not recommended.
I want a full-virgin, no bootmii, no nothing. If i uninstall bootmii as boot2, does it remove ALL bootmii files? I want a fully virgin nand with no traces that modding ever occured.

bow9911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both virgin nand restore, and u installation of bootmii boot2 (if applicable). But again this is not recommended, but u do with the info as you wish.
I dont really understand. Are you saying that both are a virgin nand and uninstallation of bootmii is completely a fresh nand, or does bootmii leave traces? I want it as virgin as possible, without any traces. I want it as virgin as you and your siblings wake up on christmas 2007, look under the tree, unwrap the presents, get that wii ( im starting to rhyme ), get a wii, and freak out and boot it for the first time.

Last edited by bow9911,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u want it to feel like a new wii, u can leave mods in place and just do a factory reset, so when u turn it on it will prompt for console name, location, time, etc. You would lose the homebrew channel, but retain cios and priiloader.

If u want to remove all traces of softmods, u can restore a nand backup from before the wii was modded (I. E. Backup made using Casper2Bootmii.bat). This will make the wii (almost*) exactly how it was when the backup was made. So if u want it to feel like a brand new console, u would still want to do a factory reset from the official settings menu.

Restoring an ohneschwanzenegger nand.bin will be like restoring a virgin nand backup while simultaneously doing a factory reset.

*When u restore a nand backup, it restores everything according to the backup except for bootmii boot2. So if u are lucky enough to have that installed as boot2, u would need to uninstall it using the hackmii installer in addition to restoring a virgin nand backup to truly remove all mods. Again, not recommended, but u do u.

I hope this answers your questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY