Fix or prevent a corrupted/broken nand from an incorrect nand restore

bow9911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking of modding my wii, however i know if i want to unmod it i can use ohneschwanzenegger (i'll just call it ohnes for my convienence) but the only way to restore a pre-mod nand would be with either 1. a remod ( kinda pointless if i wanna use ohnes ) or 2. casper2bootmii. If the power goes out or something goes wrong while restoring a nand with casper2bootmii, would there be any way to recover? i'd accept recovering with mods as i can re-ohnes then try again. I'd rather not do anything on the hardware side. I have no modchip nor do i plan to get one. I think it'd be a LLB but i don't really know. NOTE : this is after ohnes so NO mods are installed, no bootmii boot2, no priiloader, no nothing. Just a virgin wii. I want to make sure there's a way to go back if i want to unmod and still keep my data. I'm too scared to take the plunge before i know there's a surefire way to go back.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You could invest in a UPS if u want to ensure u don't lose power during a nand restore

To be clear though, if u take a softmodded wii, and remove any custom channels like the homebrew channel (and disable priiloader system menu hacks), the wii will essentially operate as if it was unmodified. There really is no need to remove ALL traces of softmod, as it is just the visible traces that matter in this context

bow9911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could invest in a UPS if u want to ensure u don't lose power during a nand restore

To be clear though, if u take a softmodded wii, and remove any custom channels like the homebrew channel (and disable priiloader system menu hacks), the wii will essentially operate as if it was unmodified. There really is no need to remove ALL traces of softmod, as it is just the visible traces that matter in this context
I know i can remove visible traces, however i want to remove all traces.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: