• Total voters

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, gateway and the resller both got back to me this morning. They both confirmed that it ONLY works up to 4.5. The reseller had told me that gateway and themselves have a lack of communication, therefore causing some discrepancies in what firmware it would work on. The reseller has changed the information to better reflect this.

As for gateway, they told me what they've been telling everyone. ONLY works on 4.5, but they're working hard to get it working with 5.xx and 6.xx

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Meh, I always update my 3DS to the latest since I actually like the updates, there was that update for the Mii Plaza which was pretty neat.
Besides, for the price of the gateway I could buy two or three retail games, if it was cheaper than a retail game, I could consider getting one but since it isn't there's no point especially since it does nothing about the region lock, softmodded wiis could play games from other regions for example, dunno how it really worked though. z.z

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, gateway and the resller both got back to me this morning. They both confirmed that it ONLY works up to 4.5. The reseller had told me that gateway and themselves have a lack of communication, therefore causing some discrepancies in what firmware it would work on. The reseller has changed the information to better reflect this.

As for gateway, they told me what they've been telling everyone. ONLY works on 4.5, but they're working hard to get it working with 5.xx and 6.xx

Aw bollocks, that's me buggered then. Am on 5.1 I think. :(

Habstinat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe I'm the only person still on 1.0.0. Yes, the original Japanese 3DS, purchased on launch day, not updated once since. I really hope that Gateway will support region-unlocking. Either that, or I need to learn Japanese.

ZhangYang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Yeah, because everyone has an extra $160 laying around.

Anyway, I e-mailed both the re-seller and gateway themselves to try and figure this out. I'll let you guys know if they respond.

You completely ignored what I was trying to say. If they REALLY need that firmware update, then buy another 3DS. Otherwise, don't update.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, because everyone has an extra $160 laying around.

I just bought a box-less (just console and charger) original 3DS in extremely good conditions (lots of 3DS collecting dust out there) for 50€.
It was on 3.something, now it's on 4.1.0-6E (updated via NSMB2 cartridge).

My XL (main 3ds) is and will always be on the latest fw for eShop.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
theres a lot of eShop games going on sale. its foolish to not update 3DS firmware just because there *Might* be some magical 3DS flashcart in like 5 years time, *Maybe*.

i just got:
soccer up
super happy little acorns
urban trial freestyle
mighty switch force
liberation maiden
crimson shroud
aero porter
kretzals corridors
rising board 3D
Zelda Oracle
and classic games overload

all ON SALE!, i cant remember how much i saved, but it was certainly better than paying full price.

KytuzuZE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo all ready has a new firmware out is called 6.1.0-12U and it update the Mii Plaza and added new stuff on the Mii Plaza. I don't really care about the flash cards any more because Nintendo is cracking down on piracy and it's lot harder to use a flash card.

Im on 6.1.0-11U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo