Hacking What does 1:1 mean & can I change the region on a game

hotdeal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was looking at the backup launcher Gamma compatibility list and I saw that it said 1:1, I was wondering what that is and what it means when it says "Yes" or "No"
Also, I recently downloaded a PAL SSBB, I have a NTSC Wii and I was just wondering how I can change the region to NTSC
Thank you

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the 1:1 means the game doesn't need to be patched , just burn it and it will work. as for the region changing you shouldn't need to I don't think... I an ntsc wii and play a lot of pal games with no problems under the gamma loader

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1:1 means it is a direct copy. This is really only to distinguish against the old backup launcher, where you had to decrypt your backups to run them. The new one keeps the facility to run these 'patched' discs for compatibility.

You shouldn't need to change any regions, it should do everything for you.

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hotdeal said:
So the gamma loader can play any region?
Weather it's pal or NTSC
Yes. You will need to force NTSC though since Europe uses a different video mode though.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hotdeal said:
So the gamma loader can play any region?
Weather it's pal or NTSC

Mostly yes. I never have to change the region of my backups from PAL into NTSC. So far I have only had a few PAL games that couldn't be played on my NTSC US system. Most PAL backups seem to work fine. A few exceptions are Links Crossbow, Scarface, COD5. There are probably others that don't, but they are in the minority.

hotdeal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One more question
Is there anyway to Un-Patch my backups?
because some games don't work patched but I already patched them
I really don't wanna DL them again

EDIT: Also, how would I make a channel with only Backup launcher gamma?
So i wouldn't have to go to homebrew channel, I can just go straight to gamma

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hotdeal said:
One more question
Is there anyway to Un-Patch my backups?
because some games don't work patched but I already patched them
I really don't wanna DL them again

EDIT: Also, how would I make a channel with only Backup launcher gamma?
So i wouldn't have to go to homebrew channel, I can just go straight to gamma

as far as i know you cannot unpatch them....

also if your looking for a gamma channel... see this thread.. there are numerous channels created by many different people

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115...p;#entry1648977

nqd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For games that does not support 1:1 disc copy, how do I handle them? Is there a patch for those games that I need to load?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
all games support 1:1 disc copies. there are a few games that need ios patching under the loaders. if you read up a bit you'll find out that region patching has been made obsolete though. just don't use the loaders use riskiimod (not actually risky) and load through the disc channel

nqd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually burnt Bleach : Shattered Blade and Chicken shoot, while loading, I got " the disc can not be read..." message. Tried to looked up on Gamma compatibility list, it's said that the iso file need to be decrypted. What does it mean by that? What program I can use to "decrypt" the image? Does wiiscrubber actually decrypt for me?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nqd said:
I actually burnt Bleach : Shattered Blade and Chicken shoot, while loading, I got " the disc can not be read..." message. Tried to looked up on Gamma compatibility list, it's said that the iso file need to be decrypted. What does it mean by that? What program I can use to "decrypt" the image? Does wiiscrubber actually decrypt for me?

Which Gamma compatibility list? If you get problems with games not on this list:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...p;#entry1639626

I would make sure first that you REALLY use the rev7 cIOS, you don't have DVDx installed, if you use DVD+R that the booktype is correctly set to dvd-rom and you don't have bad burns. If you checked this, you can try decrypted versions of your games.

QUOTE(Vague Rant @ Jan 25 2009, 06:46 AM) Since we're on the subject, can anyone tell me whether or not a brick blocked disc is considered 1:1 or not? I'm not clear on whether BB'd discs are decrypted.

Brick blocked is some kind of 1:1, but it's useless as ...(insert whatever you want). Why brick block a disc? I don't get it, the result of this is that the disc is trucha signed, where you could have a correct signed disc. Decrypted discs are, like the name says, decrypted. All regular IOS can't handle this, that's why decrypted discs ONLY work with the backup launchers from Waninkoko and WiiGator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg