what do you think of the 3DS price , will you buy it ?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Aaliyah, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Aaliyah
    OP

Newcomer Aaliyah Member

United States
    Overseas media has reported that Nintendo will release its first 3DS console in February 2011 in Japan; the official price has come out, about 25000 yen (about 305usd). Facing this price, what do you think of it, high?normal or cheap…..

A shopping site named GetNews.jp did a survey about the price, about one thousand players join in the investigation, and nearly 80% of the customers indicate that the consumer price of 3DS was made too high, only less than 20% of informants think the price is reasonable or cheap!

Here are the details of the survey result: 32.2 %(323)of them said the price is slightly expensive, 28.3%(284)of them think it is strongly expensive, 19.2%(192) of them indicate that it is too high. 16.4 %(164)of them think it is a reasonable price. 2%(20) of them think it is cheap and 0.9%(9)of the people think it is very cheap, the last 0.6%(6)didn’t answer the question , forgave it!

[​IMG]

Whether you will buy 3DS in this price , about this question. They also give us the result. Most of them are hesitate to buy it in the early time. “it is not a reasonable price to a children’s tool ” “it is not worth buying it in that features” Only a few people decide to buy it when It comes out!

Apparently, it is very expensive that it sells more than 300usd, and it also create a record that it becomes the highest “first price” in the Nintendo history!

But 3Ds contains the high tech, such as 3D?free internet service in future, what do you think of the price , will you buy it when it releases?

Source
    getnews.jp

2. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    the survey should have just had two options;
    Too high
    Reasonable

I vote too high Nintendo can go jump off a cliff if they think it's worth that as it is now. I'll get one when it looks like a DS Lite (sexy)

3. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    $350 Aud
    dont mind the price
    anyways i think a 3d camera is more expensive

4. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Honestly its pretty much the price I was expecting. I have no problem with the price, never before have I paid more than 250 dollars for a console, but I've always felt that if any system were good enough I'd be willing to pay up to 300 dollars for it. The 3DS is definitely good enough. The lines of what differentiates a console and a handheld console have been blurred thanks to the 3DS, and because of this, 300 doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

5. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    That's not how it works. You don't just convert the price from Yen and say that's the final price. 25000 yen was about how much the wii was priced at, so expect somewhere around there.

So you don't think a console which introduces; 3D without glasses, possibly the first camera to capture in 3D, a great line up of games and a ton of other features is worth £200/$250. I personally would gladly pay £250.

6. Blandmonkey

Newcomer Blandmonkey Newbie

Canada
    yeah, i was pretty much expecting this price about 300 (a little more once converted to Canadian $). i would like to think about buying one but sadly am living on student loans so depending on how much i have left once the school year is over and how fast i can get enough to pay for my next term tuition will define when i get it but will likely wait till there is a price drop which is what i have done with most systems. either wait for it to drop or get it used much later

7. thebigboss14

Member thebigboss14 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I thought we really went over this already and there are many responses you could take a look by yourself. There is no need to re-posting the same argument. But I will ask you permission to use your statistics in my topic or that a moderator merge them. Let me know if you will let me do so.

Topic: Don't like the 3DS price? Well it's your damn fault!

8. CrimzonEyed

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    It's cheeper than i though it would be

9. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    Between 200-250, and I think it's gonna be 225. (224,99)

I will sure be buying it, see my signature. [​IMG]
    I Pre-Ordered it at 2 the same shops (E-Plaza) but one closer to my school and the other closer to my home.
    With this I can cancel one up once I know the exact date. And still be the first in the Pre-Order list. (Which I am at both shops. hehe)

10. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
  11. Being a Nintendo fanboy (blood oath, don't ask) I am obligated to buy it. My prediction is that it will cost 250 USD.

12. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    Baaah. When the PS3 was released, it cost like $1000 or P 40,000 here. [​IMG]
    So no big deal. I will still get one

13. EpicJungle

Member EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Canada
    BETTER BE $250.
    Otherwise i'll wait for the price to drop..

14. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I paid $250 for the PSP at launch, and when I look at what the 3DS offers, I would gladly pay up to $300. Realistically, I'd probably still buy it if it were slightly over $300, but I know it's not going to be. The yen conversion makes it seem like the US price will be high, but it's not a concrete way of determining the real price. I'll wait for an announcement, but I'll be buying the 3DS regardless. I have plenty set aside for the unit, launch titles, and accessories, and I'm not afraid to throw it all at Nintendo. While I use flashcarts, and pirate games like everyone else here, I do support system launches, and sink alot of money into them.

15. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Thing is, US dollars are still weak as we speak (unlike when Wii was launched, when dollars are strong), so it will be probably be priced around $270. When you add that up with sales tax, it will probably be around $300.

Although I really want to get one, I still have my doubts. Most likely I'll get one a months or so after launch.

16. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Something to think about... When the Wii came out, the Yen was doing relatively poor versus the dollar (115-130 to 1 USD)

Now the Yen is doing really strong (which is actually bad for them... but that's a story for an economy class) sitting at about 80-90 yen to 1 USD.

That said... The money for Nintendo is in the games, not the console... Nintendo tries to lose as little as possible with it's game systems (and even turning a profit on the wii consoles) but I think they'll be a bit more generous on short selling themselves on the system because they already have a very awesome software lineup and can thus make up any cash shorted relatively fast.

17. baffle-boy

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    it seems to expensive for me, but i'm still going to shell out for it [​IMG] i guess i'll just have to do what it takes...

18. aiRWaLKRe

Member aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes i will buy it i was expecting it to be around 300 bucks when i first heard rumors of its creation months ago. and this this is a first for the gaming industry in terms of portable 3d gaming system. and if it turns out to be closer to 250 when it hits the states, even better [​IMG]

19. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    not really sure. [​IMG] i hope they set the price down. [​IMG]

20. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    realy expensive thou has the 3d thing which is very new and If you want it cheap then dont buy it now buy it about2 years from now it might be actualy cheaper