Gaming what do you think of the 3DS price , will you buy it ?

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think it'll be 250USD simply because you can get a PS3 for 300. Maybe my logic is screwed but I don't see parents or people shoveling out 300 for a 3DS when a PS3 is right there for the same price. I know realistically that the 3DS won't be 300, but I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bah.. Its just a number I'll sell a kidney If I have too. I only need one any way. Kidney that is.
laugh.gif

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kthnxshwn said:
Personally, I think it'll be 250USD simply because you can get a PS3 for 300. Maybe my logic is screwed but I don't see parents or people shoveling out 300 for a 3DS when a PS3 is right there for the same price. I know realistically that the 3DS won't be 300, but I'm just trying to make sense of it all.
The PS3 was 660 euros at launch... By retarded bro got it at launch... The sales where such an epic fail that they actually had to get it down to 300 ... PS3 is a very powerfull machine, but a handheld can produce the same shading/ lighting effects as a PS3 and actually has 3 cameras, a microphone, 1 touchscreen and a glasses free 3D screen (not to mention AR, and various software goodies)... So 300 is pretty fine for what the product does... 200 euros rocks, 250 is OK, 300 is a meh, and 350 is insane... I don't think the 3DS will cost more than 250 EU/ USD .

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
kthnxshwn said:

+1
that's why i won't buy a 3DS at launch,because i can buy,and will buy an xbox 360 with games
maybe when it gets cheaper i'll buy one,by then,there may be hack/flashcard for it : )

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokujr1000 said:
I'll wait until Christmas when it's bound to be cheaper before I buy one. Heck I'd even wait until a price drop occurs.

if anything, around x-mas everything is more expensive
though, i'm not from the US, here, most stuff are the cheapest around march-april, then august and september

D

Deleted User

DeadLocked said:
I vote too high Nintendo can go jump off a cliff if they think it's worth that as it is now. I'll get one when it looks like a DS Lite (sexy)
That's what I was thinking. I want to wait until the revised version comes out.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
melisande said:
trumpet-205 said:
Thing is, US dollars are still weak as we speak (unlike when Wii was launched, when dollars are strong), so it will be probably be priced around $270. When you add that up with sales tax, it will probably be around $300.

Although I really want to get one, I still have my doubts. Most likely I'll get one a months or so after launch.
3DS Book February 26, 2011 sale price of 25,000 yen, will also be on sale starting crystal blue and metallic black colors, on sale in Europe and America in March.

Huh? Lolwut?

Feburary 26? Lolwut? -10 marks for irrelevance.

¥25,000? Lolwut? -10 marks for irrelevance.

Crystal blue and metallic black? Lolwut? -10 marks for irrelevance, -10 marks for also being wrong. The Blue is twotone.

3DS Book? Lolwut? -10 marks for nonexistence.

"3DS Book Feburary 26, 2011 sale price of 25,000 yen, will also be on sale starting crystal blue and metallic black colors on sale in Europe and America in March." Me fail English, that's unpossible!

rook2King

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
melisande said:
trumpet-205 said:
Thing is, US dollars are still weak as we speak (unlike when Wii was launched, when dollars are strong), so it will be probably be priced around $270. When you add that up with sales tax, it will probably be around $300.

Although I really want to get one, I still have my doubts. Most likely I'll get one a months or so after launch.
3DS Book February 26, 2011 sale price of 25,000 yen, will also be on sale starting crystal blue and metallic black colors, on sale in Europe and America in March.

Huh? Lolwut?

Feburary 26? Lolwut? -10 marks for irrelevance.

¥25,000? Lolwut? -10 marks for irrelevance.

Crystal blue and metallic black? Lolwut? -10 marks for irrelevance, -10 marks for also being wrong. The Blue is twotone.

3DS Book? Lolwut? -10 marks for nonexistence.

"3DS Book Feburary 26, 2011 sale price of 25,000 yen, will also be on sale starting crystal blue and metallic black colors on sale in Europe and America in March." Me fail English, that's unpossible!
Oh god, this made my day!!!
rofl.gif

Action Replay Du

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new here but i'm a pro gamer and I think $300 would be reasonable because of what it can do. If it were to be $250-$300 would be good but it would still be reasonable.

QUOTE said:
What are you talking about? I never heard of a "3DS Book".

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Action Replay Dude said:
I'm new here but i'm a pro gamer and I think $300 would be reasonable because of what it can do. If it were to be $250-$300 would be good but it would still be reasonable.

QUOTE said:
What are you talking about? I never heard of a "3DS Book".

Please refer to my previous post breaking down the incredible fallacy of that post.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thebigboss14 said:
I thought we really went over this already and there are many responses you could take a look by yourself. There is no need to re-posting the same argument. But I will ask you permission to use your statistics in my topic or that a moderator merge them. Let me know if you will let me do so.

Topic: Don't like the 3DS price? Well it's your damn fault!

best to use this thread.

Action Replay Du

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
Actually, there is a book
3dshandbookinside.jpg

wtf.gif

QUOTEThat's just the manual/info booklet. I'd hardly classify that as a "3DS Book"

I kind've agree with that. Why would it show all those games in there then? Or maybe it tells you the special featurs in the game.
unsure.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've begun the process of saving for my 3DS ready for the UK launch, but if it's announced tomorrow that it'll be something ridiculous like £400 then they can go suck a railroad spike and my savings are going straight into a shitload of new 360 games simply on principle. But if it's anywhere between £150-£250 I'll keep saving. If I save the £100 I have set aside now, then another £100 next month, the console should be pretty much paid for. Then my March paycheck on the 25th is my games budget. Assuming there's no major fuck ups or rip-off tactics, of course.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My birthday is at June 17, and my parents usually pay 100 euro's with 'the big present'. And because the Lower Screen of my DSi XL broke, it could be a good idea to buy one.
But I can't use my Flash Card anymore for a while then. So I have to use my old DS Lite again...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night