Gaming what do you think of the 3DS price , will you buy it ?

Aaliyah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
user.qzone.qq.com
XP
Country
United States
Overseas media has reported that Nintendo will release its first 3DS console in February 2011 in Japan; the official price has come out, about 25000 yen (about 305usd). Facing this price, what do you think of it, high?normal or cheap…..

A shopping site named GetNews.jp did a survey about the price, about one thousand players join in the investigation, and nearly 80% of the customers indicate that the consumer price of 3DS was made too high, only less than 20% of informants think the price is reasonable or cheap!

Here are the details of the survey result: 32.2 %(323)of them said the price is slightly expensive, 28.3%(284)of them think it is strongly expensive, 19.2%(192) of them indicate that it is too high. 16.4 %(164)of them think it is a reasonable price. 2%(20) of them think it is cheap and 0.9%(9)of the people think it is very cheap, the last 0.6%(6)didn’t answer the question , forgave it!

150822276882.jpg

Whether you will buy 3DS in this price , about this question. They also give us the result. Most of them are hesitate to buy it in the early time. “it is not a reasonable price to a children’s tool ” “it is not worth buying it in that features” Only a few people decide to buy it when It comes out!

Apparently, it is very expensive that it sells more than 300usd, and it also create a record that it becomes the highest “first price” in the Nintendo history!

But 3Ds contains the high tech, such as 3D?free internet service in future, what do you think of the price , will you buy it when it releases?

Source
getnews.jp

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the survey should have just had two options;
Too high
Reasonable

I vote too high Nintendo can go jump off a cliff if they think it's worth that as it is now. I'll get one when it looks like a DS Lite (sexy)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly its pretty much the price I was expecting. I have no problem with the price, never before have I paid more than 250 dollars for a console, but I've always felt that if any system were good enough I'd be willing to pay up to 300 dollars for it. The 3DS is definitely good enough. The lines of what differentiates a console and a handheld console have been blurred thanks to the 3DS, and because of this, 300 doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's not how it works. You don't just convert the price from Yen and say that's the final price. 25000 yen was about how much the wii was priced at, so expect somewhere around there.

DeadLocked said:
the survey should have just had two options;
Too high
Reasonable

I vote too high Nintendo can go jump off a cliff if they think it's worth that as it is now. I'll get one when it looks like a DS Lite (sexy)
So you don't think a console which introduces; 3D without glasses, possibly the first camera to capture in 3D, a great line up of games and a ton of other features is worth £200/$250. I personally would gladly pay £250.

Blandmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, i was pretty much expecting this price about 300 (a little more once converted to Canadian $). i would like to think about buying one but sadly am living on student loans so depending on how much i have left once the school year is over and how fast i can get enough to pay for my next term tuition will define when i get it but will likely wait till there is a price drop which is what i have done with most systems. either wait for it to drop or get it used much later

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought we really went over this already and there are many responses you could take a look by yourself. There is no need to re-posting the same argument. But I will ask you permission to use your statistics in my topic or that a moderator merge them. Let me know if you will let me do so.

Topic: Don't like the 3DS price? Well it's your damn fault!

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Between 200-250, and I think it's gonna be 225. (224,99)

I will sure be buying it, see my signature.
smile.gif

I Pre-Ordered it at 2 the same shops (E-Plaza) but one closer to my school and the other closer to my home.
With this I can cancel one up once I know the exact date. And still be the first in the Pre-Order list. (Which I am at both shops. hehe)

S

SuperBlooper057

Being a Nintendo fanboy (blood oath, don't ask) I am obligated to buy it. My prediction is that it will cost 250 USD.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I paid $250 for the PSP at launch, and when I look at what the 3DS offers, I would gladly pay up to $300. Realistically, I'd probably still buy it if it were slightly over $300, but I know it's not going to be. The yen conversion makes it seem like the US price will be high, but it's not a concrete way of determining the real price. I'll wait for an announcement, but I'll be buying the 3DS regardless. I have plenty set aside for the unit, launch titles, and accessories, and I'm not afraid to throw it all at Nintendo. While I use flashcarts, and pirate games like everyone else here, I do support system launches, and sink alot of money into them.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, US dollars are still weak as we speak (unlike when Wii was launched, when dollars are strong), so it will be probably be priced around $270. When you add that up with sales tax, it will probably be around $300.

Although I really want to get one, I still have my doubts. Most likely I'll get one a months or so after launch.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something to think about... When the Wii came out, the Yen was doing relatively poor versus the dollar (115-130 to 1 USD)

Now the Yen is doing really strong (which is actually bad for them... but that's a story for an economy class) sitting at about 80-90 yen to 1 USD.

That said... The money for Nintendo is in the games, not the console... Nintendo tries to lose as little as possible with it's game systems (and even turning a profit on the wii consoles) but I think they'll be a bit more generous on short selling themselves on the system because they already have a very awesome software lineup and can thus make up any cash shorted relatively fast.

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes i will buy it i was expecting it to be around 300 bucks when i first heard rumors of its creation months ago. and this this is a first for the gaming industry in terms of portable 3d gaming system. and if it turns out to be closer to 250 when it hits the states, even better
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s