What normal stuff do you buy that you will only purchase the brand-name or high quality version of, no matter the price?

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 cars is nothing, It might seem like a lot to you and if you've had it for years and only done 4 cars, well TBH you can't use it a lot. I use my tools daily and need to do many thousands of cars/trucks/etc over time with the tools I have. A rusty bolt or nut using a socket/spanner that is not accurate would end up just rounding the flats off and the rathet mechanism would snap or wear out pretty quickly. Still for a low use user such as yourself, there's no need to spend loads on tools if they are mostly going to be sitting about for 99.9% of the time.
I’ve used those tools to pull an optispark LT1 and swap it with an 010 1970 350 in a 96 Firebird Formula. Also to remove/replace the transfer case in a 97 Ram. Also to pull the turbo from a 2009 BMW 750li. They don’t get used daily, but they’ve definitely not been babied.

Any tool is only as good as you maintain it and use it properly.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
name brand milk? I've never actually tried that in my whole life I think. Is it more creamy? I did have milk in Ireland that tasted like a literal cow that was quite gross.

Also:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/milk-is-bad-for-you.414719/
This reminds me of a personal anecdote. I grew up on a dairy farm. My father never bought milk for the family. Instead, everyday he would bring home a gallon of fresh milk from a selected cow in the herd. Needless to say, that milk was extremely rich in fat. In fact, letting it sit for the night in the fridge, in the morning, there would be 2 inches of pure cream clearly visible on the surface. My mother would pick it up for cooking, and we would then drink the milk. I got so used to drinking this rich milk, that when I moved out and drank commercial milk (3%) from a carton for the first time, it felt to me as if I was drinking water. It took me some time to get used to the normal milk people drink.

Reactions: User154 and x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This reminds me of a personal anecdote. I grew up on a dairy farm. My father never bought milk for the family. Instead, everyday he would bring home a gallon of fresh milk from a selected cow in the herd. Needless to say, that milk was extremely rich in fat. In fact, letting it sit for the night in the fridge, in the morning, there would be 2 inches of pure cream clearly visible on the surface. My mother would pick it up for cooking, and we would then drink the milk. I got so used to drinking this rich milk, that when I moved out and drank commercial milk (3%) from a carton for the first time, it felt to me as if I was drinking water. It took me some time to get used to the normal milk people drink.
sounds delicious

it's illegal to sell that milk most places in the world because of risk of listeria - I don't think I can even legally acquire it (unpasteurized milk) but have always wondered what it would be like

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sounds delicious

it's illegal to sell that milk most places in the world because of risk of listeria - I don't think I can even legally acquire it (unpasteurized milk) but have always wondered what it would be like
You're right, that milk was kind of risky to drink, all things considered. Of course, being a kid, it didn't bother me too much. In the same era, we were riding on the road, in the back of a pickup truck, nobody wearing any restraining devices. Lucky for my dad the cops were nowhere to be seen. :lol:

hooky1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gola running shoes, the Daytona style of course ;)

1695827175008.png

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right, that milk was kind of risky to drink, all things considered. Of course, being a kid, it didn't bother me too much. In the same era, we were riding on the road, in the back of a pickup truck, nobody wearing any restraining devices. Lucky for my dad the cops were nowhere to be seen. :lol:
We used to ride in the back of a pickup too haha, it was always a blast

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything that has to do with long term health I'll usually spend the premium on. I spent almost $6k on my sleep set up (Sleep Number mattress with an adjustable frame, cooling and heated blankets/toppers and a few smaller accessories), and my work-from-home chair/standing desk combination was a pretty penny.

I'll also pay an absurd amount for really good apple cider. There's an orchard right down the road from my co-authors house that makes the best tasting fruit product I've ever had; it's like $25 a gallon. It's absurd...but man, it's fantastic. I'm also a sucker for premium deli meats. I eat vegetarian 5 days a week, and I've got to keep an eye on my sodium intake. So when I do want a deli sandwich or charcuterie spread, I want it to be really good.

I'll pay premium, not enthusiast prices, though. My sneakers usually cost around $130-150 whenever I get a new pair, but I won't pay hundreds for a pair of shoes. No shade on those that do, but that's not my thing.

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In all honesty, jokes aside from the previous post. I would only be buying adapters and electronics from reputable brands such as UGREEN, my USB 3.0 SATA adapter has lasted me for years without damage.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto