What do you hate most about Youtube

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe the constant mandatory changes. The old comment system was good; now it's more like Twitter with "@[username]" rather than an indented reply.

The comment search system is massively flawed. It's set to only search for comments a maximum of maybe a few days ago. There's still no way to even search for your old comments.

I miss the old 5 star rating system too.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Things I hate about Youtube:
New Homescreen. I liked all my subscriptions in a single box. I don't need this terrible, buggy feed for all their activity that doesn't update right and constantly brings up old videos I already watched as "New just uploaded"

Lack of proper featured: Its all the company accounts that get it. No bloggers, no small people. Yes there's that browse buttons showing most watched in each category but most watched isn't the best. Featured used to make or break a Youtuber now its insanely hard to get off the ground.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate youtube because people keep asking please subscribe and the most people who comment on most videos are fools and because the youtube video player has some bugs.

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Recommended for You
2. Friend activity
3. How the highest rated comments, "reset".
4. Advertisements
5. Stupid comments.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Commenters
Fred
Annoying orange
most other things that 12 year old idiots think "4r3 teh 1337 moviez"

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Often the videos just like to stop when you're watching, and the idiots who post replies, but worse are the amount of idiots just posting incredibly useless shit that never needed to be done at all.

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"This is better than Justin Bieber!"
"Thumbs up if your the 95% of people who still listen to real music"
"Remember when Youtube had no ads, no copyright, and more freedom?" Thumbs up if u agree!"
"fake and gay"
"why is there a justin bieber ad on this _(insert video)__ HERE?? thumbs up!"

remember when youtube was free????...oh wait it still fucken IS.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already went but it looks like some of you need to learn about greasemonkey

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ad...emonkey/?id=748
Also consider https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/13333 or more generally
http://userscripts.org/tags/youtube (hint 2- many popular sites have scripts, IMDB having some especially good ones).

If nothing else you can lose the comments quite easily and then it becomes quite nice.

Similarly re copyright- at least in the UK (some of the Scandinavian/nordic and Asian countries are a bit harsh in my experience) you find a link that fails and you either search again for it, click on the little videos link at the top of most search engines and another version should appear if not on youtube then one of the many other video sites possibly even in better quality.
Failing that take the nice youtube identifier, build a full youtube URL from it and search for that entire URL- up should pop the name of the usually the song you want you can then search for.

Also noscript, ghostery and adblock plus if they were not already in your arsenal tend to trim down the ads, if you know a tiny bit about web coding or possibly even basic logic (HTML is very much a plain text "language") then firebug too.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xalphax said:
It was the starting point of Justin Biebers career

/thread
He's paved the way for other 12 year old pricks who want their shot at fame and unleashed a new breed of terror upon the masses. (Rebecca Black, need I say more?)

And the trolls.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FAST6191 said:
I already went but it looks like some of you need to learn about greasemonkey

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ad...emonkey/?id=748
Also consider https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/13333 or more generally
http://userscripts.org/tags/youtube (hint 2- many popular sites have scripts, IMDB having some especially good ones).

If nothing else you can lose the comments quite easily and then it becomes quite nice.

Similarly re copyright- at least in the UK (some of the Scandinavian/nordic and Asian countries are a bit harsh in my experience) you find a link that fails and you either search again for it, click on the little videos link at the top of most search engines and another version should appear if not on youtube then one of the many other video sites possibly even in better quality.
Failing that take the nice youtube identifier, build a full youtube URL from it and search for that entire URL- up should pop the name of the usually the song you want you can then search for.

Also noscript, ghostery and adblock plus if they were not already in your arsenal tend to trim down the ads, if you know a tiny bit about web coding or possibly even basic logic (HTML is very much a plain text "language") then firebug too.

Wow, I knew Greasemonkey was very powerful, but that is just amazing! Amazing script with so many (handy) options. Thanks
smile.gif

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I HATE Youtube commenters. 99.9 percent of them are either bumbling idiots or know-it-all bumbling idiots that think they know what they're talking about.
You just watch the wrong videos. Videos pertaining to music videos or video games is where you'll find people like that. The educational videos usually have people that aren't douches and also know what they're talking about.

QUOTE(personager @ Mar 27 2011, 07:06 AM) Vevo. I immensely dislike Vevo
Vevo should go way.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
machomuu said:
I HATE Youtube commenters. 99.9 percent of them are either bumbling idiots or know-it-all bumbling idiots that think they know what they're talking about.
You just watch the wrong videos. Videos pertaining to music videos or video games is where you'll find people like that. The educational videos usually have people that aren't douches and also know what they're talking about.
...But why would I watch educational videos? The only time I do that is when the teachers use Youtube for education.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Things I hate about Youtube:
-Ads on only certain videos. They should either put ads on all videos or remove ads entirely.
-Videos being removed for copyright. I've heard of videos that were removed for being similar to copyrighted things, even.
-The new sign up requirements. From what I understand, you are now required to tell Google your phone number if you want to activate your Youtube/Gmail/Google-related product.
-The rating system. Like/Dislike isn't good, but it doesn't say how good a video is. It only says how many people like a video. The Like/Dislike system is also used as a spam comment, which is another reason why it should be changed back to 1-5 stars. I hate seeing "*Number of dislikes* people were *Action relevant to the video*" as a top rated comment.
-People who comment with "I hate this video so much". If you didn't like the video, then why did you comment?!
-People who quote random things from a video. Yes, we know they said it. Yes, it was funny. You don't have to tell us.
-People who comment with "first!" or "second!" or any iteration of that.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The really dumb "like if" comments, the mandatory updates, a lot of the people there, the copyright crap, etc.
I'm kinda fine with Vevo itself, but what Vevo caused to happen to other videos is just stupid.

HorseBox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sora de Eclaune said:
I hate seeing "*Number of dislikes* people were *Action relevant to the video*" as a top rated comment.
Ads on youtube videos
the messege "this video cannot be viewed in your country"
People who talk about Justin Bieber in the comments

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...