What do you hate most about Youtube

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"You have to be at least 18 to view this video".

I don't know why I never lied about my age when I made my account... I was 12 when I made my account, you had to be 13, so I said I was 13. I turned 17 a few months ago so YouTube now thinks I'm 18. It was still very annoying when I was still ~16 years old...
dry.gif

The material in videos NEVER bothered me and when I was 14, I made a second account just for the purpose of 18+ videos... Won't need that anymore... finally...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HorseBox said:
Ads on youtube videos

Use AdBlock Plus.

I really don't have many problems with Youtube. I have an account but I don't read comments or post comments. I more so just go there to watch a video. My main problem is with Youtube apps on iOS/Android/whatever. I don't know if it's just me but it's near impossible to find songs on the iOS Youtube app. It's either live performances or crappy fan covers. Just not the damn song, whether it be a music video or some lazy picture slideshow with lyrics. Sometimes I just feel like listening to a song that I don't have on my iPod or watching a music video. I can find these music videos and what not on the Android one, it seems.

But on both of them, you can't access any of the TV shows or movies. Youtube does have a decent selection of TV shows and movies (Funimation keeps a pretty good anime library on there at least) and it's a shame I can't access them. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Things I hate about Youtube:
-Ads on only certain videos. They should either put ads on all videos or remove ads entirely.
-Videos being removed for copyright. I've heard of videos that were removed for being similar to copyrighted things, even.
-The new sign up requirements. From what I understand, you are now required to tell Google your phone number if you want to activate your Youtube/Gmail/Google-related product.
-The rating system. Like/Dislike isn't good, but it doesn't say how good a video is. It only says how many people like a video. The Like/Dislike system is also used as a spam comment, which is another reason why it should be changed back to 1-5 stars. I hate seeing "*Number of dislikes* people were *Action relevant to the video*" as a top rated comment.
-People who comment with "I hate this video so much". If you didn't like the video, then why did you comment?!
-People who quote random things from a video. Yes, we know they said it. Yes, it was funny. You don't have to tell us.
-People who comment with "first!" or "second!" or any iteration of that.
this +
and also people posting a picture of the actual music video,putting official video on the title, but when you open it you see them singing the song.
mellow.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Selim873 said:
"You have to be at least 18 to view this video".
That reminds me actually, there's no obvious way to unflag videos. A few months ago someone posted a video here of someone putting a brick in a washing machine; the embedded view was fine but trying to watch the video on the page resulted in a warning that it was flagged. There was nothing flag-worthy about it, but it doesn't seem possible to undo.
Doesn't affect me now, but it's annoying that it means someone can flag a totally innocent video and then have it filtered irreversibly (unless you contact YouTube and they undo it or something).

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who post video game related videos and hardware how-to videos with rap / rockrap as the music.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.