Hacking What do i really lose when formating my Wii?

Solecist

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Here it is a pertinent question... i wanted to format my wii.. but, i want to know FOR CERTAIN, if i lose my money that ive got in wii shop channel and the saves on my SD cant really be restored ? ...

What do i need to do to RE-HAVE the system ive got now (AFTER format)?
Do i lose HChannel, bootmii, preloader too?

Ive got NOW:
-Waninkoko 4.0 firmware + cIOS38 rev13 + HChannel + Bootmii + Preloader

Solecist

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Its logical ...yeh....but before formatting the menu says that all the data will be unrecoverable , even things stored in SD (the warning dont specify saves.....just specify channels in SD and....says to delete the wii shop account before reformating, why?)

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it says it will delete sd card stuff then simply don't have your sd card in while you do that. Doesn't that just fix the problem?

Solecist

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
i never said "it will delete sd card " neither i saw any warning saying that.... i said:

"all the data will be unrecoverable , even things stored in SD" ..at least, is what the warning says..
i understand of this that ...my saves cant be used again ... but if they dont work then...its a shame.

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You saves will work fine still after the format. Full games (VC/WiiWare) you have stored on your SD card (if you have any) won't work though anymore as it wipes the tickets. Also I believe it recommends deleting your Wii shop channel if you sell off your Wii to somebody. Formatting and deleting the shop channel account are considered separate and I would advise not deleting the channel account as you'll lose any and all purchases you've made as well as your Wii points. If this doesn't answer your question I'm sorry that I misunderstood you.

Solecist

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
ok...i had the courage to format it. ... mario kart save....ssbb ...etc....dont kopy now to my wii....!!! Holy f *** ....

about the points/money in Wii shop channel .....: Ive got yet my points there.

smile.gif
not all lost.

now... about the saves.....someone can help me to recover my Mario Kart save etc ?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Solecist said:
ok...i had the courage to format it. ... mario kart save....ssbb ...etc....dont kopy now to my wii....!!! Holy f *** ....

about the points/money in Wii shop channel .....: Ive got yet my points there.

smile.gif
not all lost.

now... about the saves.....someone can help me to recover my Mario Kart save etc ?
It's probably because those saves are usually nocopy. If you have to, you can do what I did to recover my Conduit save that wouldn't copy back. Make a save with the game. Get Wanikoko's Savegame Manager (the new one). Copy your save on the SD card off to your computer. From there you can use FE100 (available on Wiibrew) to decrypt the save (if you need help with this part, post and I'll try to help you). Now, on your SD card, find where Wanikoko's util saved your gamesave, then copy eveyrthing but the parts of the banner (IIRC they all have ## in the file name) into the folder created by Wanikoko's app. Then use his app to put it back onto your Wii. It should work just fine.

It sounds hard, and it is a bit convoluted, but it's not really that difficult doing it this way. Much less easy than just copying it back, but it ought to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1