Gaming What did you think about Tao's Adventure?

Wat did you think?

• Loved it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

• Meh

• Total voters

damiussus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was looking through the DS RPG's and realized I had never tried Tao's Adventure. IGN only gave it a 4, but the readers there say 6.8. I trust all of you a lot more than either of the previous two sources. So tell me what you thought. Worth a play?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have never heard of Tao's Adventure...
why dont you just dl it and give it a try?
wont that be much faster?
sorry im not much of a help

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What is Tao's Adventure? how do you know it exists? never heard of it
blink.gif

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was one of the first games I played for the DS and I had high hopes but it wasn't very good. The 4 might be a bit harsh but it is no better than a 6 and I like roguelikes

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember this game, it starts off good. Keeps your attention for a while but then it gets really repetitive.
With no real thing to actually keep you interested enough.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed it to the end. I actually bought the game and still have it. Yeah, it's kind of repetitive, but if you enjoy a good dungeon crawler with some fun rune-making gameplay, it's a good game. It's actually the first game to use the rune-making gimmick, with Lostmagic releasing about a month after it. It plays like a roguelike in the sense that each move or action you make with your character, the enemies are afforded a move action. So, it's like a mix of action-RPG and turn-based on a grid. It's very forgiving, though, and the dungeons are not randomly generated. The story is pretty light, but the characters are likable. One of the highlights is probably the graphics, which are decent 3D renderings. The game does have a few quirks, though. The inventory system isn't great, and in order to cast, you have to touch the action tab slightly to the left of the actual tab -- an overlooked glitch, I suppose.

In any case, IGN's review was way off. It's not a great RPG, but it's by no means a "4." I'd say it's worth playing. I wasn't disappointed, having paid for the game, and this is coming from someone who was disappointed by MPH, having paid for that game as well. But it ain't no Square Enix production. It's very basic, but a decent on-the-go companion.

damiussus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well thanks for your opinions guys.
happy.gif

I think I will try it out. And soon too, cuz once FFIV comes out I will have little time for anything else
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: