What did you have for dinner last night?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had a shitty, toxic pizza from Papa John's. I do not feel good about myself.

Fuck that pit of hell!

Shoulda listened to my nervous system. It was sending warning signals before even calling to place an order.
..I literally got e-coli poisoning off one of their pizzas a couple of months ago! Holy shit never again, that place is banned in our house!

Anyway, here in my part of the UK, we call our lunch 'dinner' (and we don't use the word lunch, far too posh a word that). And we call dinner 'tea', despite that being a beverage, but go figure... So for tea/dinner last night, actually a pizza! Just some frozen supermarket one I threw in the oven (I work as a cook so can't be arsed going mad for it at home!) Still better than that shite from Papa John's!

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonight I made an omelette, and didn't even fuck it up. Chicken & cheese, it was very tasty, had it with chips.

mmmm with Picante Salsa. Yea :D

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..I literally got e-coli poisoning off one of their pizzas a couple of months ago! Holy shit never again, that place is banned in our house!

Anyway, here in my part of the UK, we call our lunch 'dinner' (and we don't use the word lunch, far too posh a word that). And we call dinner 'tea', despite that being a beverage, but go figure... So for tea/dinner last night, actually a pizza! Just some frozen supermarket one I threw in the oven (I work as a cook so can't be arsed going mad for it at home!) Still better than that shite from Papa John's!
That actually makes a lot of sense to me...if you were actually having tea. I try to cut my eating off around five hours before bed. On days where I only got three or four hours sleep the night before, I tend to eat more, so sometimes it's only two or three. But it's probably not so good for you to eat shortly before bed.

mmmm with Picante Salsa. Yea :D
PhonySevereHypsilophodon-max-1mb.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ate...

And ate, and ate, and ate, and...

Was Thanksgiving yesterday here in the States. We didn't go traditional this year, and the food was the best ever! Amazing treats all around. I'll try to get some pics from my wife, but we had my son's homemade spaghetti and meatballs (which I taught him how to make, of course...thank you, thank you very much <tips hat>), my son/daughter who made homemade baked macs and (ridiculously insane amounts of) cheese with whole shrimp, a gorgeous and amazingly delicious array of cheeses and nibbles on a beautiful wooden-leaf platter my daughter assembled, I made chicken curry and rice. And on and on. Desserts out the wazoo.

Thank you, nameless one.

• Wow
Reactions: AncientBoi

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wait for my onions to cook to a certain point (it varies depending on my craving at the time), and then I add my fresh garlic and cook it for about three minutes before adding my tomatoes and paste for the curry base. The last few curries I tried adding the seasoning (garam masala, cumin, tumeric and salt -- sumac with my tri-bean curry) with the garlic to see how I'd like it.

q9YpAkI.jpg

Oh yeah...

The seasonings get a nice toasty flavor, and the tumeric gives it a nice golden/orange coloring. Really nice. And if I cook the onions longer, which is sometimes hard to do because I start getting really hungry as I'm cooking it, the flavor is ridankulous.

Add my fresh tomatoes and paste, let them cook for about 10 minutes on a medium-high heat with the lid on...

v5sumgS.jpg

Stir in two cans of organic chickpeas, lower the heat a bit and let them cook with the lid on for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes...

joSeMjT.jpg

Addictive chickpea curry.

I used to eat it with basmati rice, but these days I just eat it by itself. Gives me two dinners-worth.

Reactions: AncientBoi

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I've been eating Papa Johns for 20 years and have not gotten sick a single time from it. How do you know it was from the pizza? Did you not eat anything else for 2-5 days? Not saying it wasn't the pizza, but it's also every bit as likely that it was not the pizza.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been eating Papa Johns for 20 years and have not gotten sick a single time from it. How do you know it was from the pizza? Did you not eat anything else for 2-5 days? Not saying it wasn't the pizza, but it's also every bit as likely that it was not the pizza.
I'd also had Papa Johns for years, and you're right there's no way of 100% knowing (I work with food) but the timing was pretty perfect for a start, and I also got food poisoning years ago from some independantly made pies I'd bought, and when it's bad, you just 'know' what it was.... In this case I was rush eating a meat feast before bed, was also a freebie off my youngest lad who'd ordered, and the mince will have been undercooked, which, from a bloke in the biz, is easily one of the main ways to get a large dose of e-coli. Couldn't have been anything else really. And the store I got it from is pretty infamous for poisoning people.
I'm not suing or anything, and it's a shame as I was previously a fan ...I just can't look at their pizzas anymore! 3 days stuck on the shitter holding onto the seat for grim death kinda does that to you though... :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: