What fast food or snack item that has been discontinued do you miss the most?

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would happily kick a baby off of a roof if Taco Bell would bring back its Chili Cheese Burrito. Fuck a Vegan Crunchwrap. All you need is to bring back CHILI. Which would be SWELL on all kinds of things on the menu. Imagine Chili Cheese Nacho Fries from Taco Bell. Just imagine.

Subway can either bring back their Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, or I will never have a reason to eat there again.

And does anyone remember Breyer's Vienetta ice cream? If you got to have that in the 90's, your parents loved you.

What is gone today that you miss?

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 on the chili cheese burrito. I travel a lot for work and use the chili cheese locator - have found them 3 times in a few years. Always so exciting.
Lots from Taco Bell, they seem to have gotten rid of all the good items.

Ruffles All Dressed chips (USA) These are my all time favorite snack, and they're constantly ripped away from me.
Lays (owned by Pepsi-Co, like Ruffles) put out their "Lays - Ruffles All Dressed Flavor" And that put me into a spiral of what the fucks. You can make the FLAVOR chip on an inferior chip, but can't produce the original? What? Assholes. Most of my life stress if from Ruffles now. A shame they're too flavorful for the US market.

I've had the Canada ones many times, I just can't justify $17 to have them shipped to me per bag. I just suffer with Aldi's version that are overly salty and greasy.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 on the chili cheese burrito. I travel a lot for work and use the chili cheese locator - have found them 3 times in a few years. Always so exciting.
Lots from Taco Bell, they seem to have gotten rid of all the good items.

Ruffles All Dressed chips (USA) These are my all time favorite snack, and they're constantly ripped away from me.
Lays (owned by Pepsi-Co, like Ruffles) put out their "Lays - Ruffles All Dressed Flavor" And that put me into a spiral of what the fucks. You can make the FLAVOR chip on an inferior chip, but can't produce the original? What? Assholes. Most of my life stress if from Ruffles now. A shame they're too flavorful for the US market.

I've had the Canada ones many times, I just can't justify $17 to have them shipped to me per bag. I just suffer with Aldi's version that are overly salty and greasy.
attachment.jpeg

LIke... these?

I DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU JUST FUCKING SAID. I spent about $18 to get two bags from Amazon.

Because of that one episode of Letterkenny. Still haven't opened it. Gave one to my brother as a gift, since he is also a fan, and still can't break myself to even open this bag.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
God damnit, now I'm sad.

I still can't get past Doritos 3D.
images

Those were good. Tasted very different than regular doritos.

And when these were available in my country they came with MTV Stickers that had weird 3D effects only visible with 3D glasses of different colors (red/blue, cyan/red and i think I saw orange/blue and green/purple once).
images

Also:
images

Post automatically merged:

Oh nice, now I'm going to cry because I'm so old.
images

images

Last edited by JuanMena,

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damnit, now I'm sad.

I still can't get past Doritos 3D.
images

Those were good. Tasted very different than regular doritos.
I HAVE seen those in random states since 2020, at least. Not recently. But I am pretty sure I found them in Maryland or Delaware for a little while.

Not the same, at all. They're not the same size (bags or chips), and the flavor is not what you remember, if you can find them.

Nothing gold can stay, Ponyboy.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I HAVE seen those in random states since 2020, at least. Not recently. But I am pretty sure I found them in Maryland or Delaware for a little while.

Not the same, at all. They're not the same size, and the flavor is not what you remember, if you can find them.

Nothing gold can stay, Ponyboy.
Those were discontinued in my place before 2001 if I remember correctly.
exists-only-in-my-memory.gif

Beavis and Butt-Head were new and usually commercials used thgm to promote Doritos 3D, which is why they came with MTV stickers. It's been over 20 years since I last saw them in stores.

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We have Walls Vienetta, the mint one is the best and normally rolled out around Christmas!

The one thing I want back are sour cream and chive pringles! Bloomin replaced them the chive for onion... :cry:

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this is a drink but i have to say it.
I double stamp this on Crystal Pepsi. I remember when they brought it back for a little while several years ago, and like everything else, it wasn't the same.

Remember Orbz? And Sobe Green Tea? That was my late '90's, right there.

AND FUCKING JOSTA.

Josta.jpg

Still my favorite soda/pop/carbonated soft drink of all time. This shit would get you WIRED. One of my friends' dads worked for Pespi, and he brought home dozens and dozens of cases of this, just to instill a lifelong addiction in me that can now never be satiated.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
McDonalds Pies and Fries. Apparently there are some places in the world where McDonalds still deep fries the apple pies (see pic), but not here. Not for decades. And dropping the current cardboard torpedo they call an apple pie in a deep fryer would not produce the same thing. Can't remember exactly when they stopped, sometime in the 90's.

Then there's the fries. Used to be deep fried in "beef tallow" ... basically melted lard. That stopped in 1992. The resulting flavor deficit was like the difference between a pepperoni pizza and a lump of plain dough.

In Japan, about 10 years ago there was a grape soda on the market called, "Spiral." It was hands down the best grape soda I've ever tasted. Went back in 2015 and couldn't find it anymore.

pie.jpg

• Love

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burger King also changed their Chicken Fries. For the absolute worst.

When they first came out, there was actually chicken in there. You could see it. You could see fibers. And they got it right when they brought them back for a short time in like 2015-ish, and it was pretty close to the original. The current version? 90% breading, and it's using the same shitty meat from the world's worst fast food chicken nuggets. Went from one of the best items on the menu to the worst.

Hardee's used to have 2 for $2.22 roast beef sammiches. Those were bangers. I straight up ate those every single day for lunch for months when I worked next to one. And they had amazing peach shakes with huge chunks of real peaches in them. Couldn't drink it with a regular straw. That, alone, was worth the trip.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The Subway's $5 Footlong.
This is one I could say I genuinely miss, it really was a good deal for the money spent for lunch, I hate how all their stuff is no longer worth the pricetag.
Apparently, they no longer let you pick up your own ingredients either, or so I've heard, I have yet to see that one with my own eyes, because I hope this is just a rumour and not something shitty they really did in order to kill the brand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1