What fast food or snack item that has been discontinued do you miss the most?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and now what subways is become part of the big corporation you will miss even the normal subs.
i went to one of the local subway's 2 or 3 years and had a coupon for 2 for $12 and steak subs would not count for the deal. so i got some sweet onion chicken Teraki and meatball sub. and man.... the chicken has gone down hill it's tasted like rubber.... i'm never get chicken form subway again.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The Subway's $5 Footlong.
This is one I could say I genuinely miss, it really was a good deal for the money spent for lunch, I hate how all their stuff is no longer worth the pricetag.
Apparently, they no longer let you pick up your own ingredients either, or so I've heard, I have yet to see that one with my own eyes, because I hope this is just a rumour and not something shitty they really did in order to kill the brand.
As an American, we never got to touch anything. The person behind the counter always made it for us on the other side of the glass. It's always been that way here.

I wish they'd bring this candy back, they were jelly-filled egg candies called Brach's Rocks. (Pronounced Brock's Rocks)

e04f21eb1b1402f326c770cb56deebb7.jpg

Post automatically merged:

i went to one of the local subway's 2 or 3 years and had a coupon for 2 for $12 and steak subs would not count for the deal. so i got some sweet onion chicken Teraki and meatball sub. and man.... the chicken has gone down hill it's tasted like rubber.... i'm never get chicken form subway again.
I've noticed it too, its FULL of gristle that I have to spit out. Like, how hard is it to fuck up bird meat? :unsure:

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
God damnit, now I'm sad.

I still can't get past Doritos 3D.
images

Those were good. Tasted very different than regular doritos.

And when these were available in my country they came with MTV Stickers that had weird 3D effects only visible with 3D glasses of different colors (red/blue, cyan/red and i think I saw orange/blue and green/purple once).
images

Also:
images

Oh nice, now I'm going to cry because I'm so old.
images

images
THEY ARE BACK I HAD SOME THE OTHER DAY

ALSO I WANT CRYSTAL PEPSI BACK. ANGY.

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
EVERYTHING sold in the Iceland store. They used to sell imports from UK and so we got to try all kinds of new and exciting stuff, but Brexit happened and they had to close down all stores permanently, restricting us again to only the crap you can get in every store.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if they count, but there are two types of frozen pizza which used to be sold in the UK.

The first is Freschetta pizzas which I've only since seen in the US and then there were giant versions of the Chicago Town Microwave pizzas.

These are probably the only frozen pizzas I've preferred over a take away one.

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snapple Elements (fire and rain especially)
The recent re-release is a completely different taste than the originals. And I loved the old glass bottles it came in.

As a runner up (and these arent actually gone, just not commonly stocked anymore) trolli brite eggs. Probably a good thing most places stopped carrying it because I was crushing those bags like nothing.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
McDonalds Pies and Fries. Apparently there are some places in the world where McDonalds still deep fries the apple pies (see pic), but not here. Not for decades. And dropping the current cardboard torpedo they call an apple pie in a deep fryer would not produce the same thing. Can't remember exactly when they stopped, sometime in the 90's.

Then there's the fries. Used to be deep fried in "beef tallow" ... basically melted lard. That stopped in 1992. The resulting flavor deficit was like the difference between a pepperoni pizza and a lump of plain dough.

In Japan, about 10 years ago there was a grape soda on the market called, "Spiral." It was hands down the best grape soda I've ever tasted. Went back in 2015 and couldn't find it anymore.

View attachment 396797
late answer, but yes here in germany they are deep fried aswell as we have McRib on the menu permanentely. but sadly Meatball Marinara from Subway is removed from the menu. another bummer is getorade was removed from shelves in 2005, but comes back 2024 lmao.

The Subway's $5 Footlong.
This is one I could say I genuinely miss, it really was a good deal for the money spent for lunch, I hate how all their stuff is no longer worth the pricetag.
Apparently, they no longer let you pick up your own ingredients either, or so I've heard, I have yet to see that one with my own eyes, because I hope this is just a rumour and not something shitty they really did in order to kill the brand.
not sure about American Subway or somewhere else, but here in Germany you still can.

Last edited by Purple_Heart,
Reactions: Hanafuda

Dondonuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Which peso?
Philippine. One variation was on a small pack sold for 1 peso, it was around late 90s early 2000s if i remember correctly

Oh wait it's still on sale on online stores, I don't see it anywhere on physical stores. They probably discontinued the 1 peso packs. Back then there were several 1 peso snacks sold on small local stores which we called a sari sari store.

Last edited by Dondonuts,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Philippine. One variation was on a small pack sold for 1 peso, it was around late 90s early 2000s if i remember correctly

Oh wait it's still on sale on online stores, I don't see it anywhere on physical stores. They probably discontinued the 1 peso packs. Back then there were several 1 peso snacks sold on small local stores which we called a sari sari store.
Don't you remember fondly when things were like, stupid cheap? Good times.

Dondonuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah fucking inflation is terrible. Back in gradeschool my lunch money was 20 pesos. 50 on hs and 250 when i was in college. Now my bro in college his allowance is 500 and everything is expensive.

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!