Describe your perfect Subway sammich

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a plain Jane when it comes to Subway. I always get steak n cheese on a toasted Italian bread. No salad no sauce.

Would you like chips with that order? :)

AncientBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That will be $89.57. Please pull up to the next window.

And thank you for your patronage :D
Fuck me American Subway prices sure are expensive. Here in the greatest country in the world you could buy about 18 steak n cheese subs for that :rofl2:

AncientBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my. In that case @AmandaRose , That will be $107.89.

Again, thank you for your patronage. Please pull up to the next window :)b
No tip?! You heartless scum! Subway sammcih artists deserve compensation for dumping out a cardboard little box of pre-cooked, pre-sliced, sitting in a warmer, chicken-ish squarish chunks onto a roll.

Have you no decency?!

AncientBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops, That will now be $137.05 @AmandaRose . for adding a chicken sammie.

WE really appreciate your patronage :D. I personally will bring your sammies out to you

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I needed this today.

Not as much as I need a sammie delivery by a bloke in a light up mankini.

Extra tenner in there if you wear the spinny pasties.
These kind of pasties??? That i do need to see now! :toot:

1673036307735.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find myself obsessively watching food vendor/truck videos on YouTube, where people are just sampling some of the most amazing fucking food I've ever seen in my life, and I am salty that we don't have that culture in America.

I wish there was a decent food cart with a 60-year-old grandma making the most bangin' ass carnitas tacos at a tiny little cart.
Most of the established chains and franchises we have today started off as food carts.
nice fr
Maybe I need to go to New York or New Jersey and go to an authentic deli so I can see what the REALLY good shit is like.

I can't die with the only pastrami and swiss on rye that I've ever had having come from Schlotzky's Deli at the mall.
I have been knocking around Washington state the last few months, seen plenty of it here. All the various bars/pubs/breweries/churches/hardware shops get a truck in the car park selling various nice things, many cycling around such that you get new stuff every evening/week.

Back on topic I do agree with the general "Fuck Subway" approach to the world, and that would be the case even if I had not done the small French village back in the 90s where you could get up early and buy nice fresh bread and while it was still warm load it up with cold cuts from an animal you could go watch its cousins continue to nibble on salt marsh. Subway are up there with McDonalds in the barely edible/qualifies as food slop stakes. Though I would also not extend much more favour to Jersey Mikes.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been knocking around Washington state the last few months, seen plenty of it here. All the various bars/pubs/breweries/churches/hardware shops get a truck in the car park selling various nice things, many cycling around such that you get new stuff every evening/week.

Back on topic I do agree with the general "Fuck Subway" approach to the world, and that would be the case even if I had not done the small French village back in the 90s where you could get up early and buy nice fresh bread and while it was still warm load it up with cold cuts from an animal you could go watch its cousins continue to nibble on salt marsh. Subway are up there with McDonalds in the barely edible/qualifies as food slop stakes. Though I would also not extend much more favour to Jersey Mikes.
I want that so hard. There are amazing food cultures all around this world, and we get stuck with the crappiest of the crap, just because it can be mass-produced.

When I lived in Wisconsin, in a college town, there were food carts outside of every bar, with everything from the best fucking brats that I've ever had in my life (bratwurst, not children) to amazing, mind-blowing lumpia or cajun shrimp tacos.

Fuck an FDA. Give me a brat that has been swimming in that dirty water for two hours, slap it on a barely steamed, half-stale bun, haphazardly slather it with way too much mustard from a half-empty, brown-crusted gallon bucket of off-brand French's, and I am a happy man.

At least I can taste the love when that sausage slides down my gullet.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don’t eat at Subway anymore since I kept getting food poisoning from several of them due to their employees negligence. I used to enjoy a tuna with all of the toppings on it, nothing extra like mayo or anything like that, all on the cheese and herb bread

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I actually do prefer the little deli across the street from me. Every filling you can think of meats, cheeses and salads to all manner of things mixed in with mayo and the best part is you can get it on a good Scottish crispy roll if you prefer

1673039497228.jpg

Other bakeries are available but they the best!

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Given the choice, I will always prefer a local mom and pop over anything else. Forget a hair net and gloves. Fuck a corporate recipe.

There was this one breakfast diner/truck stop that we used to go to in West Virginia, waaaay up in the mountains where there's no cell service and not even a gas station for twenty miles of winding, steep mountain roads.

One of those precursors to Cracker Barrel, I think. It was one of those really cool rustic cabin-looking spots with lots of country tcotchkes like belt buckles and local shit. Authentic country hams and pepperoni rolls made from scratch. Where the whole place smells like apples and cinnamon, motor oil and tobacco, and your waitress is a 57-year-old kind-eyed, hard-working lady named Donna who calls everybody 'sugar' or 'sweetie pie'.

I swear to Christ, they had the best fucking breakfast I've ever had in my life. The biscuit I got was the size of one of my hands clasped around a clenched fist. And about as heavy. Coffee was blacker than my soul and so strong you could stand a spoon up in it. Pancakes the size of the entire plate. Pork sausage in its own casing, butchered down the street and made in-house, with that SNAP and all of the juicy and spicy. PROPER scrambie eggs that weren't burnt all to hell or rubbery, and bacon so crisp. So crisp. And the whole thing was like eight dorrah.

They closed down because of COVID. This makes me very angry.

I know people, personally, who received tens of thousands of dollars because of that bullshit COVID paycheck protection whatever, claiming that the pandemic prevented them from making any money, being self-employed. They literally sold puppies and fixed cars on the side. They got more than $70,000 between just two people.

The worthier folks who lost their restaurant, their life savings and their family business would NOT apply for a program like that even if it were offered to them. We do it different down South.

Support local delis, diners and the real ones out there making food with love. And fucking tip your delivery driver.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup