What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I finally got around to playing Metroid Prime 2 again. I restarted though as I had no idea where I was or what I was doing
I got less than halfway through the game between spring and October of last year, then just sort of have been procrastinating playing it since then, since I have so many other games to complete. I'm debating whether to just start over with my GCN copy, or wait until I can hunt down a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii.
I definitely prefer the Wii control scheme myself. You do have to manually turn on the lock-on feature and switch the B and A buttons in the settings for the best experience, though (do this last one before you get used to the default controls. The B trigger makes so much more sense when shooting.)

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat Portal 2 today after a couple of months of hesitation to even start the game. I could slap myself for not just jumping into the game and seeing where my entertainment leads me, but that would hurt.

Reactions: 1 person

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I finally got around to playing Metroid Prime 2 again. I restarted though as I had no idea where I was or what I was doing
I got less than halfway through the game between spring and October of last year, then just sort of have been procrastinating playing it since then, since I have so many other games to complete. I'm debating whether to just start over with my GCN copy, or wait until I can hunt down a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii.
I definitely prefer the Wii control scheme myself. You do have to manually turn on the lock-on feature and switch the B and A buttons in the settings for the best experience, though (do this last one before you get used to the default controls. The B trigger makes so much more sense when shooting.)
I also prefer the Wii control scheme. I have beaten the first and third Metroid Prime games, the second one always seems to elude me though :/

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Finally managed to understand most of Remember11's story. It sure is a confusing game. And also not exactly today, but I recently beat Portal 2, it's such an amazing game, and incredibly funny.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips!

I also prefer the Wii control scheme. I have beaten the first and third Metroid Prime games, the second one always seems to elude me though :/
"Eludes" you as in you can't find a copy of it? If I ever do decide to pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii, I'll gladly give you my GCN copy of Prime 2, for the price of shipping. ;)

Anyway, today I moved into my apartment and set up all my game systems and stuff on the entertainment center (it's prefurnished, and includes a 30-something inch HD TV) And now I'm going to use this beautiful HD TV (my first ever) to play... SNES. Because some men just wanna watch the world burn.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
"Eludes" you as in you can't find a copy of it? If I ever do decide to pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii, I'll gladly give you my GCN copy of Prime 2, for the price of shipping. ;)
When I got my Trilogy, I traded my Metroid Prime 1 for a wavebird plug to replace the one I had lost.
Anyway, today I moved into my apartment and set up all my game systems and stuff on the entertainment center (it's prefurnished, and includes a 30-something inch HD TV) And now I'm going to use this beautiful HD TV (my first ever) to play... SNES. Because some men just wanna watch the world burn.
NICE

You remind me of when I turned on the "HD" option on my N64 and wondered why I didn't notice the difference ... It was a used big screen TV I had picked up at a thrift store but I was still using the composite cables. I've learned much since then but I no longer have anything more than a CRT TV that you have to change to channel 3 to play.

Speaking of SNES, I sold my console to a collector to get the last bit of money to pay for my Wii.
So many memories.

EDIT : Just hope you don't pull a [member='the_randomizer'] and end up with a HDTV that's not compatible with older video game resolutions (240p) for your SNES games.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
NICE You remind me of when I turned on the "HD" option on my N64 and wondered why I didn't notice the difference ... It was a used big screen TV I had picked up at a thrift store but I was still using the composite cables. I've learned much since then but I no longer have anything more than a CRT TV that you have to change to channel 3 to play. Speaking of SNES, I sold my console to a collector to get the last bit of money to pay for my Wii. So many memories.
Despite the fact that I jest, I really am looking forward to playing Gears of War and Assassin's Creed and Halo on an HD TV... maybe I'll finally be able to make out what the little text boxes in Assassin's Creed say without squinting and getting up close to the TV. :P

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eludes as in, I always try to play it, but can never get into it nearly as much as the other ones, and I just end up forgetting about it. I have the Trilogy for the Wii that came in the tin case, etc.
I play on a 52" T.V, although I consider yours better because mine doesn't support HD :(. Nice touch with the SNES though. The SNES has to be my second favorite console (first being N64).

Anyways, I just finished beating the three arenas on Borderlands, on their easy difficulty. Soon I shall beat them on their harder difficulties and finally get the achievements before Borderlands 2 comes out :D

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I play on a 52" T.V, although I consider yours better because mine doesn't support HD :(. Nice touch with the SNES though. The SNES has to be my second favorite console (first being N64).
I'm actually emulating SNES with the SNES9XGX app on Wii. It doesn't look that good either, since it has that "fisheye" effect, since it's being played on a flatscreen rather than a "classic" TV. I wonder if there's a way to fix it...

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I downloaded and played about 20 minutes worth of Half Life on Steam (I own the original version from waaayyyy back.)

I noticed that the ice that is on the ground after the accident is graphically missing BUT you still slide around on it if you stop where it would be lol

This issue existed back in the day as well, people who had 3DFX cards could see the ice patches and people who ran anything else would say "what ice?"

I plan on playing the whole Half and Half Life 2 games and the expansions over the week.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully kicked someones ass On pokemon Black wifi battle today!
(only to generate 17 losses afterwords)
sadman.gif

Reactions: 5 people

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finally began to gather the Secret Reports in TWEWY.. and I'm coming along nicely. It's actually fun to do, since it requires you to seriously go to every corner of every playable area per day.

Oh yeah, i achieved a losing spree on LoL ffs.

Reactions: 2 people

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last night I installed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on Steam, and today I played it. Rancor was a lot easier to kill than I remember.
I just threw grenades at him and ran away when he got close :P

Reactions: 2 people

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I tried to join a TF2 match of MvM, and waited 70 minutes just to get "Failed to connect after 4 retries". I waited 70 minutes for a game! =D

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got all of the collectibles in Spec Ops: The Line.

Normally, I don't care about trinkets and doodads in video game campaigns, but these actually flesh out the story, setting, and characters of the game (plus, there aren't too many of them and they're easy to find).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I tried to join a TF2 match of MvM, and waited 70 minutes just to get "Failed to connect after 4 retries". I waited 70 minutes for a game! =D

I was gonna try one this morning but I got slammed with a 40 minute wait time. I don't have 40 minutes so I'll just wait until I can get some friends to play with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.