Hacking What could be changed on the M3i to make it better?

Placeholder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks!

I was just messing around on my M3 and wondered "What, if anything could be changed to make this better..?". These are the changes I would like to see happen to the M3i.

I thought that maybe the skins could look nicer and more up to date, as the skins I've seen for Sakura still seem very Windows Xp style (Even the Vista ones!) -- [I don't want to offend anyone here, the skins for Sakura are actually very good, I mean that it would be good to have more features for skinners to use, such as animated wallpapers.]
Copy / Paste / Delete / Move / Cut functions would be nice in an Explorer window.
List Roms differently - Size, Name, Type, Reverse Name, Date added etc.
A favourites menu that you can add to by pinning, not by usage.
Have hidden folders. (I want to hide my SYSTEM folder for example)
Revamp the menu that comes up when pressing Select to hold the favourites menu described above, and has some actually useful applications...
Redo the RTS / Soft reset menu... currently it looks ancient.
Add real time guide - but better than Cyclo's one... how about offering the ability to download a text walk through from a server.
Ability to change the settings of all roms in the same folder at once.
Recognise the SD slot on a DSi.
Change the M3 logo found on the DS menu. (The yellow one that is on the DS cart on the DSi).

Of course I have no ability in doing any of the above, and there are no plans for these to happen. I am merely asking for suggestions that maybe M3 will consider.

Please post what you would like to see!

Placeholder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Aha, I didn't know that. Thanks!

I didn't limit it to only firmware, maybe someone would prefer a different color cart or something. I only suggested firmware changes as I can't think of anything I'd like to see done on the hardware.

Hardkaare

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Heres two things i got in mind to make the card/sakura better.

Make a white version of the card (not really needed but nice to have)

Integrated emulators in sakura so you can load the roms direcly

EDIT: To make a white card more simple they could just ship the m3i with a white shell
(like the r4team did with the 1st generation r4's)

Placeholder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah! I like those ideas!

For the cheats menu, you should be able to drag that specific cheat left/right to read the rest of the text (currently it's just cut off of the screen in an ugly manner)
I'd also like it if they made the Options menu slightly more "noob friendly".

Maybe have it in a hierarchical layout rather than a shopping list

Currently it's:

QUOTE said:
Cheats
Off
On/Off
Always On
Instant Codes
Soft-Reset / Real-Time Save Switch
Off
SR: LR+ABX
SR: LR+ABY
RTS: LR+Select
RTS: LR+Y
Play Mode
Standard
Download Play
Slow-Motion
Off
L+Select
R+Select
Slow-Motion Level

You can see this is quite overwhelming to someone using Sakura for the first time.
It would be nicer to have a multi layered menu

Cheats ->
Soft-Reset / Real-Time Save Switch ->
Play Mode ->
Slow-Motion ->

Clicking each menu then loads the sub-items, each with a description and easily understandable title.

I have a few questions..

First - Why does Slow-Motion only show up when you choose Soft-Reset?
Second - Why is Soft-Reset different from RTS, wouldn't it be better to have both load the same menu?
Third - Why can't we set the Key combinations used for RTS/S-R ?

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Improvements in any DSi flashcart:
- Make the card load all DS roms from sd card (no need for extra memory on card) [it probably already does that already]
- Make the card load firmware from SD card (no need to flash)

Hardkaare

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
-Dropping Touchpod
-Better hardware
-Global options
Yeah if touchpod gets removed less noobs would come and say "omg m3real/m3i sucks because of the sitty menu".

QUOTE(Cheater388 @ Jul 28 2009, 06:06 PM) Improvements in any DSi flashcart:
- Make the card load all DS roms from sd card (no need for extra memory on card) [it probably already does that already]
Dsimode aint hacked so its not possible to lot roms from the sd card of the dsi.

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMFG said:
Cheater388 said:
Improvements in any DSi flashcart:
Dsimode aint hacked so its not possible to lot roms from the sd card of the dsi.

When I said sd card or SD card, I have always meant the microSD card on the flashcart. From the fact that you only replied to my first point, I see that you either do not pay attention to the whole post OR you cannot understand meaning from context.

I know that the DSi mode is not hacked yet. Perhaps the partial DSi dump will lead to a full hack.

I would also agree with tj_cool in that flashcart casing construction needs to be more solid. I do not have an M3-DSi flashcard but I know that the M3 Real looks really flimsy.

Placeholder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The M3i already loads everything from the MicroSD. What flashing does is program the chip(s) inside the card, the information the flashing uses is on the MicroSD (F_core.dat).

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Have hidden folders. (I want to hide my SYSTEM folder for example)
Hide the folder on you PC or Mac manually, or boot into touchpod, launch DSOrganise and hide the folder that way.
Add real time guide - but better than Cyclo's one... how about offering the ability to download a text walk through from a server.
Too complicated to download one from a server ingame, though may be possible built into sakura like the homebrew database in DSOrganise.
A favourites menu that you can add to by pinning, not by usage.
That would be pretty cool, they have it in iTouchDS. Maybe add another section to the Select menu called favourites.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Add built-in smoothie maker to the list
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat