Hacking What can we do with IOSU?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I've heard, it will give us full acces to wii u control.
I've heard we coult, for example, load backup from an external hard drive easily.
But what else could we do with IOSU that we can't do right now?
thanks

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hykems-5-5-iosu-exploit.406150/

Quote:
"
Initially? Nothing at all, unless Hykem releases a tool or app with the launch of the exploit (which he may or may not have hinted at). Eventually, this could lead to many, many things. Including:

- Countless homebrew games/apps/emulators
- USB Loader
- A title installer (Like Devmenu/BBM/FBI for 3DS)
- EmuNAND
- Real-Time Cheats
- Custom SysNAND firmware
- Custom game content (Mario Kart Tracks, Smash Bros. Fighters, etc.)
- NDS ROM Injection (!)
"

Last edited by DKB,

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine you'd be able to do almost anything with the system if the IOSU isn't watching your every move...

Most likely you'd be able to install games directly from disc to the home menu using the same method Nintendo does for eShop copies.

If the Wii U uses the same ticket system as the 3DS then free games from the eShop would also be a possibility.

In short, take a look what a modded 3DS can do and it probably won't be too far off...

Keep in mind that the tools will take time to develop once (if?) the exploit is released.

bobfacemoo

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure we could do a lot of things on vWii too.. maybe be able to unbrick a bricked vWii with it? Install HBL with no game exploit?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The IOSU can do USB loading. Maybe install titles?
We can't really see anything else. We don't even know if the exploit is a boottime exploit or a exploit similar to the current one.

Most things take time. Look at the 3ds. A lot of the major developments have taken place in the last 6 months. But the 3ds has been hacked way longer.

Last edited by xtheman,

Exavold

eeh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope when we get/if we get IOSU , that the homebrew and hacking wii u community will grow again.

no man's wii u

D

Deleted User

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hykems-5-5-iosu-exploit.406150/

Quote:
"
Initially? Nothing at all, unless Hykem releases a tool or app with the launch of the exploit (which he may or may not have hinted at). Eventually, this could lead to many, many things. Including:

- Countless homebrew games/apps/emulators
- USB Loader
- A title installer (Like Devmenu/BBM/FBI for 3DS)
- EmuNAND
- Real-Time Cheats
- Custom SysNAND firmware
- Custom game content (Mario Kart Tracks, Smash Bros. Fighters, etc.)
- NDS ROM Injection (!)
"
The last 2 are possible without IOSU fyi (the entire thing is really outdated)

Reactions: KiiWii
D

Deleted User

people still believe this is going to happen?
Of course. Go take a look at team SALT's countless announcements, releases, and showcases that have happened thanks to them over the past 2 or 3 months or so in the H&H Discussion thread. There seems to be more than enough evidence to believe that they are a trusted team that will actually deliver their promises of an IOSU exploit, along with dedicated tools so that the release will not be such a complete waste.

Reactions: KiiWii

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing i wanna know, if this thing is real, can we just have homebrew channel? I mean it was just easier :)

Or maybe homebrew channel that loads vwii homebrew channel in wii mode like the wii virtual console :P

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
I'm just in it for the emulators as I do wonder what our talented devs could get out of the Wii U hardware as it was amazing what they did with the Wii. On emulation alone it could become the ultimate all in one console.

One thing though, if piracy and whatnot can be done the way it is now I assume we already have kernel access via the exploit - why isn't this being used for emulators? Doesnt it have full access? Whats actually holding all of this back?

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm just in it for the emulators as I do wonder what our talented devs could get out of the Wii U hardware as it was amazing what they did with the Wii. On emulation alone it could become the ultimate all in one console.

One thing though, if piracy and whatnot can be done the way it is now I assume we already have kernel access via the exploit - why isn't this being used for emulators? Doesnt it have full access? Whats actually holding all of this back?
Emulators are possible and some are already there: http://gbatemp.net/forums/wii-u-homebrew.281/ (CHIP8, gameboy)
There are not much because..................?

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing i wanna know, if this thing is real, can we just have homebrew channel? I mean it was just easier :)

Or maybe homebrew channel that loads vwii homebrew channel in wii mode like the wii virtual console :P
If what is real?
The ARM OS? Of course it is real. The ppc OS (linux terms chroot) cannot run without it. The OS running on ARM cross builds the OS running on ppc.
Along with everything else installed. In this particular setup the ARM is the cross root and the ppc is the cross chroot. (that's why it validates everything) This is also why the "bootloop" is seen in the ppc L2 cache. It is cross compiled to ppc then fed back to ARM for validation.
That's also how you are able to edit PPC instruction at runtime currently as it has already been validated and does not run back during runtime.
The online portion of games are also PPC but online is ran against ARM as it is launched. That's also how you can edit memory online with disc version but can't pirate games and play online.
As far as exploitation goes that's a yes it exists. And if I was the team thinking of releasing I would push it via hardware. Write the exploit into a fgpa and solder it in. Might as well make some money it's not like most people even know what to do other than push buttons anyway.
I'm all for free stuff but sometimes if you can get away with charging and nobody is willing to free it, you might as well profit.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night