1. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower
    Developer

oh your alive then !!

davetheshrew likes this.
  2. Voxel

Voxel Master of moonjumps

United Kingdom
    I may or may not be a little blind, but can I ask where did you hear that news if it wasn't from here nor from SALT?
    I haven't been in the Wii U scene for a while due to the sheer toxicity it got to at one point, but I'm willing to follow it again since things seem to be more toned down and mellow surrounding news and hype and stuff...

3. canariobr

canariobr GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I updated to 5.5.1 . People were saying that it is more stable and etc but I just tried 2 times to access wiiubru and it freezes. is the site down?

4. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico
    Try www.wiiubru.com/x

Coc4tm likes this.
  5. canariobr

Brazil
    It worked with loadiine.ovh. thanks

AboodXD likes this.
  6. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower
    Developer

specifically what wiiubru url was you trying , i did remove some pages the other day

7. Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

If you're not willing to share any informations , then why bother ?

memomo and Quantumcat like this.
  8. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

United States

A reminder to get on board with wut if you haven't already (or at least start targeting .rpx in one way or another). This whole UI was done using my Texture2D base with all the textures as TGAs, and it's surprisingly manageable despite not having graphics stuff abstracted away as much as UI code seen in loadiine and other places.

If anyone's interested in .tga code or a good button interface let me know, I might put up another sample project from what I have.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    KiiWii, [Truth], Peninsula and 23 others like this.
  9. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Australia
    I know this one's hard to beleive (esp. after my joke gone wrong) but trust me, I've seen code and if the original developer doesn't get this out into the wild I will post it. It's not particularly spectacular atm, more just something for us devs to marvel at.

Yeah, wut is certainly something to think about...

@WulfyStylez, has your team made HBL native yet or is that still needing to be done?

rw-r-r_0644 and ShadowOne333 like this.
  10. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

United States
    We haven't ported HBL to wut, although if anyone were to do it it would probably end up being me since I've been working on userland for the most part. HBL would be nice for legacy apps I suppose, although it'd be better to see ports to .rpx

11. canariobr

Brazil
    i tried wiiubru.com and it froze on white screen twice. then I gave up

12. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is Datalogger back?
    or was it kanye_west? (you know word on the street is he is very talented).
    Actually, they both are but this ^ was going for more of a joke.

13. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower
    Developer

then try www.wiiubru.com/x

canariobr likes this.
  14. sdtg34520

sdtg34520 GURU MEDITATION ERROR
    Banned

New Zealand
    Mhm, saw some too :3

15. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I would be interested once I'm not busy dying from school/other distractions, been meaning to tinker with wut but have no nice sample projects to poke at besides that pong and helloworld which are incredibly simple

16. RJ Sly 95

RJ Sly 95 GBAtemp Regular

Ok guys I'm a total noob about Wii U, I don't own one but I'm willing to get one soon. If I got it right, by reading some threads here, it's possible to fully hack the system even on the latest firmware. Is that correct?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  17. Coc4tm

Coc4tm WIP Nintendo hacker.

France
    Not really fully. You can't have EmuNAND , homebrew on home menu , run code on boot (like with A9LH on 3ds) but we can load ROMs, run VC games, load homebrews, use emulator, region free, etc...

Ryccardo and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  18. Coc4tm

Coc4tm WIP Nintendo hacker.

France
    Not really fully. You can't have EmuNAND , homebrew on home menu , run code on boot (like with A9LH on 3ds) but we can load ROMs, run VC games, load homebrews, use emulator, region free, etc...

19. EclipseSin

EclipseSin Ignorant Wizard

United Kingdom
    Every scene is Toxic if you pay attention to scrubs.

@shinyquagsire23 Anyway, I've been watching wut on github for a while, I guess you are saying we should start preparing homebrew apps as RPX instead of HBL elfs? I thought loadiine could load RPX homebrew anyway. So what exactly is new here? Not being rude, just trying to understand the difference here than loading them under loadiine.

Meh, I'm just going to assume it's the same thing I mentioned. Hope everything is going good for you guys though.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    KiiWii and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  20. Voxel

Voxel Master of moonjumps

United Kingdom
    That is understandable; I know exactly where you're coming from because I did sort of focus a little more on the haters/shit-stirrers back then (it's hard not to, most of the time here), but when I mention that I left after "the sheer toxicity it got to at one point", I'm referring to the fact that it was literally unavoidable and they were riddling in the majority of biggest news/shit/clickbait/development threads, where the big bulk of the community would mostly gather daily.

But I digress anyways - those days are over, things are definitely more calm than what they originally were, and SALT are still silently working on the IOSU exploit and tools, delivering the progressments professionally without generating much over-hype. :)
    I suppose most of the trolls and general annoyances just leapt back into their caves and bunkers when things died down... It's been proven to happen in every other scene one time or another as well, so feel free to ignore me if I'm stating the downright-painful obvious.

Going off-topic- I'd also like to mention that the UI showcased in that PoC video looks absolutely ace! :D Also really looking forward to the file browsing as well; and I understand there'll be some even greater tools on the horizon soon too! SALT really have outdone themselves this time; a massive kudos to them indeed!

Quantumcat and (deleted member) like this.
  21. davetheshrew

davetheshrew GBAtemp Advanced Fan

il pm you voxel

proflayton123 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Discussion, Homebrew, Hacking