Gaming What Are Your REAL Opinions On The Possibility of a GTA5 Port?

Tee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question is in the title really. What are your honest opinions on a GTA5 port for the Switch? Do you think it will be good or bad? Granted any news on the release is currently just talk but if it was to happen, would you jump straight on it or skip it?

I personally would love such a game to come to switch. I think the layout of the console alone makes it a perfect platform for such a game and it would be nice to see Rockstar make a comeback with handheld GTA games.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone in their right mind would turn down a portable, quality GTA port. Though I'm not sure GTAV is well worth a full playthrough again, it does seem like a fantastic time killer.

Tee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think anyone in their right mind would turn down a portable, quality GTA port. Though I'm not sure GTAV is well worth a full playthrough again, it does seem like a fantastic time killer.

I totally understand what you mean. To be honest with you, I'd complete the prologue and go straight to playing online mode. I completed it twice before and I don't have any desire to complete the story again. I think the online mode alone is the seller, personally.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had a chance to play the online mode, but from what I've seen, it seems like a completely different experience and with Rockstar constantly adding new content to it, it would be sure to sell well on the portable system, even with the almost inevitable visual downgrades that would come with it.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I would love to see that happening, and it's not a crazy idea at all seeing we already have GTA titles on nintendo platforms (GTA 1 and 2 on GBC, GTA Advance on GBA and GTA CW on NDS)

If it ends up happening though, I will pass since I already 100%ed it on PS3 and PS4, and I have it on PC :P

Tee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't had a chance to play the online mode, but from what I've seen, it seems like a completely different experience and with Rockstar constantly adding new content to it, it would be sure to sell well on the portable system, even with the almost inevitable visual downgrades that would come with it.

As someone who's always been more of a social gamer (prefer online mode to most games, playing with other people and teaming up etc...) it would honestly be such a brilliant addition to the somewhat amazing collection of massively multiplayer online games we have. It would also go hand in hand with Nintendo Switch Online that we're supposed to be getting in the coming weeks.

I would love to see that happening, and it's not a crazy idea at all seeing we already have GTA titles on nintendo platforms (GTA 1 and 2 on GBC, GTA Advance on GBA and GTA CW on NDS)

If it ends up happening though, I will pass since I already 100%ed it on PS3 and PS4, and I have it on PC :P

I agree. Totally can be expected in the future for the Switch, somebody just has to do it. And it's a shame you don't see the point in joining in, but I can fully understand since you've clearly played it through multiple times before. Like I said in a previous reply, I'd jump on it purely for online mode.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If GTA 5 would be ported to Switch, it would likely be as dumbed down as the PS3/360 version.

Nah, I doubt Rockstar will do that.
The online service of GTAO for those consoles are pestered by cheaters and seeing the Switch being hacked as well..
Financially, it would make more sense for them to focus on RDR2.

That's where the money is in 2 months.

Tee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If GTA 5 would be ported to Switch, it would likely be as dumbed down as the PS3/360 version.

Nah, I doubt Rockstar will do that.
The online service of GTAO for those consoles are pestered by cheaters and seeing the Switch being hacked as well..
Financially, it would make more sense for them to focus on RDR2.

That's where the money is in 2 months.

You express some brilliant points and yes, RDR2 will be huge money on the Switch. But I still think it's a very possible venture if enough people show interest, no?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You express some brilliant points and yes, RDR2 will be huge money on the Switch. But I still think it's a very possible venture if enough people show interest, no?

Rockstar has pulled surprising things in the past before.
But in all honesty, I think they won't bother to port GTA 5 to the Switch.

In reality, the only GTA that came out for Nintendo's platform was GTA 2, GTA Advance and GTA CW.

Reactions: tiliarou

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar has pulled surprising things in the past before.
But in all honesty, I think they won't bother to port GTA 5 to the Switch.

In reality, the only GTA that came out for Nintendo's platform was GTA 2, GTA Advance and GTA CW.

Grand Theft Auto (the first one) released on the Game Boy on one of those GBC black carts that looks like a normal Game Boy game, but your point still stands.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I'd kill for a GTAV Switch port, but we all know, it'll never happen. GTA Online is the cashcow that's printing money, and it wasn't even working very well on PS4/360 and isn't supported anymore. So on Switch it probably wouldn't work very well. So R* wouldn't waste money on that.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Grand Theft Auto (the first one) released on the Game Boy on one of those GBC black carts that looks like a normal Game Boy game, but your point still stands.

I completely forgot that one existed as well, you're right!

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this idea because I can blow steam by running down countless civilians when I'm waiting for the bus or something. The game always felt better in short bursts anyway. I don't really care too much for crazy good visuals, but I still want the first person mode

Reactions: Tee_

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's impossible. They would have to downgrade the game extremely, and there would be a lot of backlash. I just doubt it could ever happen at all.

Reactions: M7L7NK7

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love for this to come to the Switch. I'd almost be willing to pay for Nintendo's online service is they brought over GTA Online as well. I have played on PS4 a little bit, but I can't justify paying for PS+ just to play GTA Online...but Nintendo's online service is just $20/year which is a lot better than $60/year considering how little I play online. In fact i'd be more likely to pay by the month for Nintendo's online service because I don't play online much.

Reactions: Tee_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.