1. Wolfy

Wolfy Person That Never Was

United States
    Honestly I'd have no problem get a GTAV port to the Switch, do I think it would even run? Hell no, but I've been surprised before so I've got no complaints.

2. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Canada
    I don't see why they wouldn't give us some form of GTA, I doubt it will be GTAV, going by their record though we are bound to get something. A Red Dead port would be awesome.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Rockstar_Games

Last edited by Mr. Wizard, Sep 6, 2018
    tiliarou and Tee_ like this.
  3. tiliarou

tiliarou GBAtemp Regular

France
    I don't see why they would invest even in a cheap port knowing that a huge majority of the target audience already played/is playing the game on other consoles and PC...

4. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    [​IMG]

monkeyman4412 likes this.
  5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Concubus™ The Moody Enby

Antarctica
    I literally never got the chance to enjoy GTA 5. When I first played it was on my old roommate's PS3 and he moved out. Then I was going to it on my PS4, which is now 600 miles away with my exes. As I've said before when it comes to ports on the Switch, I want them because I want to enjoy these games. If I don't have to go out and buy another system (or a new PC) to enjoy these games, then that would be awesome for me.
    People shit on Switch ports, but honestly not everyone got the chance to play them. There are people like me for whatever reason did not get to play a lot of these games and would be more than thrilled to finally play them. I can't afford to new system, so a port on a system I do own is something I would be eager to have.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Sep 6, 2018
    THEELEMENTKH and slaphappygamer like this.
  6. shaunj66

shaunj66 GBAtemp Administrator
    Administrator

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't be surprised if they skip the single-player portion entirely and release GTA Online on Switch as a stripped down, F2P title and also make it F2P on other platforms.

7. trigao

trigao Ninten

Brazil
    i would prefer a fantasy life port tho

nightweb likes this.
  8. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

United States
    I’d rather have a vice city port, or chinatown wars. I think gta5 is too intense to be accurately ported to the switch.

Last edited by slaphappygamer, Sep 6, 2018
    trigao likes this.
  9. trigao

trigao Ninten

Brazil
    chinatown wars +1

slaphappygamer likes this.
  10. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Spain
    I don't see why some developers make a multiplatform game when some people already has one console and not the other ones

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  11. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Never going to happen. It will just make the switch look extremely weak with the massive downgrades it would require. It's better for the switch to have great looking exclusives rather than trying to port games that are meant to run on gaming pcs.

12. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    You realize that GTA V was released on XB360/PS3, right? And that Switch is more powerful than either of those? Okay, just checking.

tiliarou likes this.
  13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    i love people saying gtaV needs to be dumbed down...

it was a ps3/xbox360 game for gods sake, nothing needs to be dumbed down, it will even look better than xb360/ps3 version, sure it wont look as good as ps4 but it wont need to be dumbed down from the original versions...

Xzi likes this.
  14. tiliarou

tiliarou GBAtemp Regular

France
    Skyrim doesn't have online multiplayer.
    And Rockstar is not Bethesda...
    Not comparable in this case.

15. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Oh thats hilarious that nobody has tagged in to this thread the one person on the temp that has actual inside knowledge lol. You know that person that works at rockstar north what was their name again hmm

Last edited by AmandaRose, Sep 8, 2018
  16. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    @AmandaRose

17. Justeego

Justeego Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    we won't get it, the console is hacked (this is why they always skip or release later on PC) and it needs a lot of work

18. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Hey I just said it was funny nobody thought of asking me I never said I could tell you anything lol. NDA and all that kinda legal nonsense.

Do you honestly think any game company would not release a game on the Switch because of the 1 to 3% estimated switches out there that have been hacked?? For instance the NDS was hacked a long time before GTA CTW came out. A hacked console does not deter companies making games. Any company that says a game has been cancelled due to piracy are simply using that as an excuse to cover up other reasons for the cancellation.

Last edited by AmandaRose, Sep 8, 2018
    fr33x74 and tiliarou like this.
  19. Justeego

Justeego Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I'm talking about Rockstar, not other companies, when Chinatown Wars was released the most popular handheld was NDS (75% of the handheld market) and not porting it was just a stupid idea, Switch has 14% of the market, one is 27,5% and ps4 58,5%; why would you port a game to the least popular and cracked console? all data is from vgchartz

Popular and big companies like Rockstar are looking for high margin profits, they don't bother small platforms, they downgraded the game and released first on old gen consoles, then new gen consoles and at last PC (pc is good source of modding ideas to implement later in the game), they are still making money from GTA thanks to the online and this wouldn't be a single player game port.

20. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    Least popular is debatable considering Switch has been out less than half as long as XB1/PS4, it also makes direct sales comparisons somewhat disingenuous. Cracked literally doesn't matter at all, XB1 and PS4 are also cracked to some extent. There's no good reason to pass on additional profits regardless of platform.

Last edited by Xzi, Sep 8, 2018
    AmandaRose and tiliarou like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Possibility, Opinions,