What Are Your REAL Opinions On The Possibility of a GTA5 Port?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Tee_, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Tee_
    OP

Tee_ Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Question is in the title really. What are your honest opinions on a GTA5 port for the Switch? Do you think it will be good or bad? Granted any news on the release is currently just talk but if it was to happen, would you jump straight on it or skip it?

I personally would love such a game to come to switch. I think the layout of the console alone makes it a perfect platform for such a game and it would be nice to see Rockstar make a comeback with handheld GTA games.

2. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would turn down a portable, quality GTA port. Though I'm not sure GTAV is well worth a full playthrough again, it does seem like a fantastic time killer.

3. Tee_
    OP

Tee_ Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I totally understand what you mean. To be honest with you, I'd complete the prologue and go straight to playing online mode. I completed it twice before and I don't have any desire to complete the story again. I think the online mode alone is the seller, personally.

TotalInsanity4 and Deathscreton like this.
  4. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    I haven't had a chance to play the online mode, but from what I've seen, it seems like a completely different experience and with Rockstar constantly adding new content to it, it would be sure to sell well on the portable system, even with the almost inevitable visual downgrades that would come with it.

5. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    I would love to see that happening, and it's not a crazy idea at all seeing we already have GTA titles on nintendo platforms (GTA 1 and 2 on GBC, GTA Advance on GBA and GTA CW on NDS)

If it ends up happening though, I will pass since I already 100%ed it on PS3 and PS4, and I have it on PC :P

6. Tee_
    OP

Tee_ Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    As someone who's always been more of a social gamer (prefer online mode to most games, playing with other people and teaming up etc...) it would honestly be such a brilliant addition to the somewhat amazing collection of massively multiplayer online games we have. It would also go hand in hand with Nintendo Switch Online that we're supposed to be getting in the coming weeks.

I agree. Totally can be expected in the future for the Switch, somebody just has to do it. And it's a shame you don't see the point in joining in, but I can fully understand since you've clearly played it through multiple times before. Like I said in a previous reply, I'd jump on it purely for online mode.

7. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    If GTA 5 would be ported to Switch, it would likely be as dumbed down as the PS3/360 version.

Nah, I doubt Rockstar will do that.
    The online service of GTAO for those consoles are pestered by cheaters and seeing the Switch being hacked as well..
    Financially, it would make more sense for them to focus on RDR2.

That's where the money is in 2 months.

8. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    i think it's possible, rockstart just need to have interest on the idea, but i guess it will just look like the ps3/360 version

antiNT and Tee_ like this.
  9. Tee_
    OP

Tee_ Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    You express some brilliant points and yes, RDR2 will be huge money on the Switch. But I still think it's a very possible venture if enough people show interest, no?

10. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Rockstar has pulled surprising things in the past before.
    But in all honesty, I think they won't bother to port GTA 5 to the Switch.

In reality, the only GTA that came out for Nintendo's platform was GTA 2, GTA Advance and GTA CW.

tiliarou likes this.
  11. JellyPerson

JellyPerson https://discord.gg/BMVma8j

Banned
    Jul 26, 2017
    Korea, North
    Pyongyang
    Would be cool but impractical

12. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear The Coolest Bear Around

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Grand Theft Auto (the first one) released on the Game Boy on one of those GBC black carts that looks like a normal Game Boy game, but your point still stands.

13. tpax

tpax GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I'd kill for a GTAV Switch port, but we all know, it'll never happen. GTA Online is the cashcow that's printing money, and it wasn't even working very well on PS4/360 and isn't supported anymore. So on Switch it probably wouldn't work very well. So R* wouldn't waste money on that.

14. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    I completely forgot that one existed as well, you're right!

15. phreaksho

phreaksho GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2007
    United States
    Post falls, Idaho
    I like this idea because I can blow steam by running down countless civilians when I'm waiting for the bus or something. The game always felt better in short bursts anyway. I don't really care too much for crazy good visuals, but I still want the first person mode

Tee_ likes this.
  16. Vieela

Vieela GBATemp's official thinker™

Jan 18, 2017
    Brazil
    I think it's impossible. They would have to downgrade the game extremely, and there would be a lot of backlash. I just doubt it could ever happen at all.

Milenko likes this.
  17. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Of all possible port, not this one, not GTA5 no GTA at all. Let the menu-mod-kiddos stay in their backyard.

Pip'

18. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    I'm hoping Android becomes possible to run so we can have the mobile ports of Vice City and San Andreas

19. Gon Freecss

Gon Freecss Telegram Advocate

Nov 14, 2013
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    If it ever happens (it will not), I'll be a watered down version, not worth it

20. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    I would love for this to come to the Switch. I'd almost be willing to pay for Nintendo's online service is they brought over GTA Online as well. I have played on PS4 a little bit, but I can't justify paying for PS+ just to play GTA Online...but Nintendo's online service is just $20/year which is a lot better than $60/year considering how little I play online. In fact i'd be more likely to pay by the month for Nintendo's online service because I don't play online much.

Tee_ likes this.