What are your favorite and most disliked controllers?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CrakrHakr666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually think that DS4 and XBone Elite controllers are about even in my standing.

My favorite controller of all time though is the Capcom CP for Genesis. It was amazing for Street Fighter. Wish there was a modern version for when I don't want to pull out my arcade stick.
31-XfTdYTfL.jpg
My second favorite was the ASCIIgrip for PS1.
71BRGNZX00L._AC_.gif

The worst controller ever is the ASCII sphere 360 for PS1.
ASCII_Sphere_360-13893.jpg

1vanchom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well for me its mostly because I am more of handheld consoles... muy list from best to worst
1: nintendo DS (the FAT model)
2: PSP GO
3: regulaR Old 3DS
4: Gameboy Micro
5: I don't know if it count but the GPD Win
6: ganecube controller
7: wiimote (horizontal)
I know... those are weird controllers (except GCN) but my hands like them

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS4 is the best for me.

The worst are the wiimote and the joycons.

I don't like asymmetrical controllers since I'm so used to symmetrical ones. I bought Superbeat: Xonic for the Switch, but I can't play it thanks to the Switch controllers. It's actually better on the Vita.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,
Reactions: cvskid
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii mote and the Dual Shock 4, the Wii U gamepad also feels good

My most disliked controller would be... a generic controller for PC I bought like 5 months ago, I was unable to return it, it feels like it's gonna break any second

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my favorite was a ps2 logitech that was larger than stock and had a fan and vent holes to keep your hand sweat free. a must for budokai tenkiachi

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U Gamepad is hands-down my favorite controller of all time. It's extremely comfortable with the level joysticks, like the PS controllers, and the both easy to reach shoulder buttons along with the "trigger" buttons. I haven't tried a Wii U Pro Controller yet, which I think I might like better though.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I very much like the DualShock 4. It is fairly comfortable. Althought I mostly game on PC, I have no specific requirements as far as my keyboard is concerned. In fact, I usually either use my laptop's built-in keyboard or a Microsoft 600 wired keyboard. I find it comfortable enough. The Surface's feels really good, though. My old Toshiba Qosmio X70-B-10T also had a keyboard I liked. Sadly, its graphics card fried. As far as the mouse is concerned, though - I've been using an E-Blue Auroza/Mazer Type L (I often find them labelled as either Auroza or Mazer, dunno what that's about, but I prefer the Auroza logo lul) for a few years now. I like it. I don't dislike the Logitech F710 controller. Mine's quite a bit worn, though.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U Pro is my favorite as far as form and button placement goes, and I use it on my PC, but it suffers from its lack of analog triggers. A Wii U pro with analog triggers or a 360 controller with symmetrical sticks and a decent d-pad would be my perfect controller.

Worst would have to go to any PS controller, due to the placement of the sticks, which are symmetrical but in the complete opposite placement they should be in, an atrocious d-pad, mushy triggers/bumpers.

Admittedly the PS4 controller fixed a lot of this, but it still has that stick placement.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't hate me for this, but... Now that I've experienced Nintendo's Pro Controller for the Switch, it's flawless for my large hands. There's really nothing I'd change about it. But now that I've used the best, It's difficult to use anything else, even my prior favorite, the Xbox One Halo 5 Spartan controller.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't hate me for this, but... Now that I've experienced Nintendo's Pro Controller for the Switch, it's flawless for my large hands. There's really nothing I'd change about it. But now that I've used the best, It's difficult to use anything else, even my prior favorite, the Xbox One Halo 5 Spartan controller.
Honestly if it had analogue triggers I'd call the Switch Pro controller the best controller ever made

Reactions: Jayro

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I forgot one. Since x360 controllers have become standard it has fallen out of place a bit, but I used to love this rather obscure device: the N52:

41JRDZSJTPL.jpg

It took a lot of time (actual hours) to get used to it as the keys were kind of clunky, and the profile menu to bind keys was rather average, but once that was out of the way, this thing was just phenomenal. 23 buttons easily accessible...I haven't come across anything similar since. :)

I gotta say the joy-cons are my favorite controllers. The are small and uncomfortable for sure but the ability to slide on off and play with a freind is awesome! Least favorite? Probably the wiimote tbh.

Interesting post. Of course you'll understand that "They're small and uncomfortable for sure" are strong red flags in my book, but I can see the sharing feature being a big plus. :)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly if it had analogue triggers I'd call the Switch Pro controller the best controller ever made
The only time I liked analog triggers for was some racing game for the original Xbox. It felt like the engine was running in your hands, and revving up that trigger made the "engine" rev higher. It was bad-ass, and didn't distract much from the racing.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best Controller would have to be the Switch Pro Controller. It feels amazing in the hands.
I dont really know what my worst controller is. But if I ever use a N64 controller, from what I have heard it will probably be the worst :P

Reactions: Jayro

CrakrHakr666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My least favorite would probably be any and all variants of the Microsoft SideWinder gamepads. They all brought new gimmicks to the table, and none of them really worked very well.

View attachment 111650

LOL I still use an old USB Sidewinder for old Sega emulation. It is impossible to find a 6 button layout anymore other than arcade sticks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1