Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fluttercry said:
Wheres the "I don't use one" option?

I disable/choose not to use any anti-virus software because I don't get viruses. All anti-virus software do is stop something you're too ignorant to stop yourself. I don't download suspicious torrents, open scheme attachments, and when I go to a site with popups despite having Adblocker active, I force close that window to prevent any chance of unwanted downloads. I've been doing these things for over half a decade and I've been virus free for over half a decade.

I see no point in installing something that does what I already know instinctively what to do.

Though if I had to recommend one for someone, I'd say Avast as it gets alot of praise.
how do you know that you dont have any virii when you dont have anti-virus software?

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
_Chaz_ said:
I use AVG.

AlanJohn said:
Mac's don't need anti-viruses.
unsure.gif
This made me laugh. Macs can easily get viruses, it's just that no one cares enough about them to make one.

... You need ...
LulzSec!

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft Security Essentials.

I don't even see the thing until it needs to be seen. Which is to warn me about stuff.

It starts silently and updates silently.
Ah.

katimus_prime

Trophies
Website
godsibb.net
XP
Country
United States
I was rather fond of Kaspersky when I had it, but when I ran out of money, I turned to Avast!. It's kinda been bloating up on me, but I only need it when I run my VMWare environment on my mac. Got recommended Avira, but haven't had the chance to install it yet.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sausage Head said:
Fluttercry said:
Wheres the "I don't use one" option?

I disable/choose not to use any anti-virus software because I don't get viruses. All anti-virus software do is stop something you're too ignorant to stop yourself. I don't download suspicious torrents, open scheme attachments, and when I go to a site with popups despite having Adblocker active, I force close that window to prevent any chance of unwanted downloads. I've been doing these things for over half a decade and I've been virus free for over half a decade.

I see no point in installing something that does what I already know instinctively what to do.

Though if I had to recommend one for someone, I'd say Avast as it gets alot of praise.
how do you know that you dont have any virii when you dont have anti-virus software?
Just ignore her, that was njrg again trying to start shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +3
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: +1