• Total voters

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
RockmanForte said:
indeed but one day no computers will be safe anymore. It is getting worse and worse and its not easily to keep computer update and keep it safe. Jeez.
Umm.... no?
Its not getting worse.
I haven't had a virus for a year.
And I'm always downloading files.

No, what I mean is that there are bad people that will add more viruses and one day no programs can fight off the viruses at all. Who knows.

I haven't had a virus for 2 years (I think since my computer should be 2 years by now or something).

@terminator02,

I am with you. I want to vote it because I have one. Its great program for 2 years without a problem and the best of all is.. Its free!:)

D

Deleted User

RockmanForte said:
tigris said:
WHERE IS Microsoft Security Essentials

Google is your friend.
smile.gif

I meant in the poll
smile.gif

nando said:
RockmanForte said:
QUOTE(AlanJohn @ May 27 2011, 12:39 PM) Mac's don't need anti-viruses.
unsure.gif

But on my gaming PC I use Avast!.
What annoys me is "Avast! Virus data base has been updated!"
That pops up every 5 minutes.
Oh and add Kaspersky in your poll.

I am sorry but Mac will need one someday.. Read this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20110526/bs_nf/...XdtYWNtYWx3YXI-

I am using Microsoft security essentials and Ad-Aware.. Dont have a problem for 2 years on my 2 years old computer (I think its 2 years old now)

not if it becomes a closed system like the iOS come the next OS upgrade. it's already began with the MAS

i'm surfing bareback on my potentially one day i'll encounter a virus mac.

indeed but one day no computers will be safe anymore. It is getting worse and worse and its not easily to keep computer update and keep it safe. Jeez.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
AV is actually one of the softwares i buy....and the one i invest my money in to protect my PC is Avira Antivir Premium Suite. Thanks to AVComparitives i know it's only real failing is false positives but if you can be bothered checking it's results then it's a great AV.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Sophos and NOD32 are some of the older AV suites and are preferred in many corporate settings. The companies behind them are also famous for catching a couple super viruses before they could cause some real damage.

Of course, some kids wouldn't know of them because they don't attract as much attention as Norton.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:
Norton all the way

look here for security certificates

http://www.av-test.org/certifications

I dont like Norton because it is not free. Every time I turn off my computer before I go to bed and woke up in the morning to turn it on and it came on quickly. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and 64bit either way with Microsoft Security Essential. My PC is around 2 years old. My friend have Windows 7 Professional with Norton and came on slow and wait for less than 2 minutes then all set. Norton is no good at all.

Other actions by Norton Anti Virus eat up bandwidth as well. If you're connecting through a tethered smartphone or a pay-per-megabyte link in a hotel, you naturally want to minimize Norton's bandwidth usage. (pcmag.com for April 2011 review)

I agreed with PCMAG since I have seen my friend with Norton. And below:

They makes computer slow and eats up the bandwidth of internet connection for updating. (Posted by: Asif Dange)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I voted Avast. I switched from AVG recently, but the increasing amount of false positives annoys me.

AlanJohn said:
Mac's don't need anti-viruses.
unsure.gif

But on my gaming PC I use Avast!.
What annoys me is "Avast! Virus data base has been updated!"
That pops up every 5 minutes.
Oh and add Kaspersky in your poll.1. Macs don't get viruses yet because nobody really cared since they were previously only used by hipsters. Now that they're becoming more 'popular', it'll become a larger target and will likely get a lot of viruses in the future.
2. There's something called disabling update notifications, you know...
QUOTE(Pong20302000 @ May 27 2011, 04:58 PM) Norton all the way

look here for security certificates

http://www.av-test.org/certifications
Norton is clunky and large. Sure, they improved a little in the new versions, but IMO it isn't worth it to switch to it from a more lightweight AV.
Yeah, maybe the security is good, but that doesn't warrant a trade off for your computer's overall performance, especially when much lighter AVs can easily hold up to its security.

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mine isn't even listed
frown.gif

I use Malwarebyte's anti-malware, it's free and detects all the virusus.
Before I used Northon because it was already installed, but it's expensive and it sucks balls. My pc crashed a few times because it didn't detect the stupid virusus.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought I might chime in (again)- on my USB drive of wonder I always make sure the standalone uninstallers for mcafee and norton are present. They get used almost as much as the likes of gmer and the other manual malware removal/scanning tools.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use ZoneAlarm and AVG Anti-Virus. The second one isn't listed yet.

EDIT: I don't think this list is still being updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv