Hacking What am I missing...?

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gr. I checked the chip (modded Wii). The ISOs were burnt properly.
I checked everything but the Wii still can't read the discs.

I didn't download anything besides the ISOs. Not even the Homebrew channel or anythng.
For now, I'm just trying to figure out why the games won't be read.

Anyone know what I'm missing?
Thanks (And yes, I'm a total newb.)

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Erm, I don't remember. But what i'm sure of is it shows a bunch of question marks in them circles, saying "The Disc cannot be read. Please read the Wii Operations manual for troubleshooting" etc.

Nuke85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking it could be bad solder points..Check it out again just to make sure.

Never really missed around with a CycloWiz chip before so I can't be much of a big help. (Wiikey 2 user here)

D

Deleted User

does the setting book type to rom only help with softmodding, or chips too?

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ ^
What? O_O'

Nuke85 said:
I'm thinking it could be bad solder points..Check it out again just to make sure.

Never really missed around with a CycloWiz chip before so I can't be much of a big help. (Wiikey 2 user here)

the green LED lights up if the soldering was successful. It did. So I'm guessing there's no problem with the soldering. The burning is fine as much as I know. ImgBurn allows burning with compatible files (ISOs) and so I chose the ones that were shown and only those, so again, I'm pretty sure the burning is correct. Mystery?

Nuke85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't think this will work but try dvd-r's or just change the booktype on you're dvd+r to dvd-r. I really doubt this will work though because what they say..

CycloWiz says "Reads DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW and Dual Layer Media NEW" I'm leaning more towards a chip issue..

Check their website to see if you can find any support. Try their forums they may help you better than us.

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If it was a disk issue, it would have to be serious for it not to be recognized at all. It would have launched before throwing up a 'cannot be read' error. If the chip has worked before, than most likely is has shorted out. If not than....faulty chip?

Nuke85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they also have some frame ware on their site also a guide on how to install it. My suggestion is you try doing that and see if you get any luck. Just make sure you download the right one for your console. (Which would be NTSC as you said)

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Framware is like firmware right? >_>'
But anyway, how would I get it on to the wii. And the CycloWiz doesnt have an installation aside from physically installing it into the Wii. it's not a faulty chip, the points were fine. ^-^'

Nuke85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Platinum* said:
But anyway, how would I get it on to the wii. And the CycloWiz doesnt have an installation aside from physically installing it into the Wii. it's not a faulty chip, the points were fine. ^-^'

lol yes sorry frimeware
biggrin.gif

And yes it does have an installation guide which is here

Pretty much you download the latest frimeware and extract and burn (using imgburn or whatever) put it in your wii and follow the instructions. Read over the installation guide just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Hopefully this will fix your problem sir!
yaynds.gif

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nuke85 said:
Platinum* said:

lol yes sorry frimeware
biggrin.gif

And yes it does have an installation guide which is here

Pretty much you download the latest frimeware and extract and burn (using imgburn or whatever) put it in your wii and follow the instructions. Read over the installation guide just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Hopefully this will fix your problem sir!
yaynds.gif

I don't see how'd this help seeing as it's still a disc and the discs can't be read, but I'll give it a shot. It's not like I have any other leads T-T'
Where exactly do I get the firmware? Btw, I don't need the homebrew channel or anything, right? it's not a necessity, is it?

Btw, Would it be possible to change into a back-up flash loader with a modded Wii. Seriously re-thinking this as I do NOT want to go back into the Wii's internal organs.

D

Deleted User

I have a softmodded and hardmodded Wii. Everything's working fine. You are welcome to the "best of both worlds" club like me and some of us did
laugh.gif

And here you go, the help section of them website. Should be useful:

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
I have a softmodded and hardmodded Wii. Everything's working fine. You are welcome to the "best of both worlds" club like me and some of us did
laugh.gif

And here you go, the help section of them website. Should be useful:

Well I guess i'm heading to the soft side. not even the firmware worked. Here's exactly what it says

(Big question mark in a circle)

"Unable to read the disc.

Check the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting"

GAH. >_<
It probably is a chip problem, but if it is, well I'm stuck. The green LED went on indicating it worked. What else could I do? It won't even tell me if it's wrong or not, that damned LED!
Off to the flash world.

Posts merged

Oops.

D

Deleted User

:/..
Then it must be your chip.

Anyway, take a look at the stickies to get you started.

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah kinda figured. Bah. Money wasted yet something gained (miraculously.). Let's hope the back up flash turns out a success.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm