what age do you think it starts getting

Flozem

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
30 - I know a few of my friends were still living at home at that age... I prolly would have too if not for my gf (hotel mama is one of the finest places to stay...)
smile.gif

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
21, by then u have gotten off your p's and have most likely finished university,TAFE,etc(unless you are going for your masters or something) and you have a full time job. try telling my sister that though

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
21, by then u have gotten off your p's and have most likely finished university,TAFE,etc(unless you are going for your masters or something) and you have a full time job. try telling my sister that though

hey i'm 20 and havent even started yet i'll be 21 will i start college, so i'm wont be out wtill i'm about 23-24
frown.gif

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i work in manhatten for a very well news corporation i get paid VERY VERY WELL

im 26 and i still cant afford to move out on my own its insane property values nowadays

cheapest apartment i found here is like 2000 a month

Nevin007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It all depends on the situation. I'm 22 and going for my bachelors in electrical engineering. I still have 8 classes left to take and I need to do a full two semester's of co-op. By the time I get a job i'll be 25, by the time I move out I'll be late 20's or maybe even 30. I've worked my ass off, so should I really be embarrased living with my parents at 30?
unsure.gif
I guess if anyone were to snicker at my for that, I'd just whip out my paycheck and snicker right back.
wink.gif
So my answer would be past 30. Anywhere in your 20's it's normal to live at home.

mossy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
26-30 - depending on circumstances (long uni course/post grad, debt from education and/or training, affordability of living in your area)

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
21-23ish at the very oldest.

No matter how much you are earning - I'd rather be making £100 a week and living on my own than earning £3000 a week and living with parents.

D

Deleted User

It mainly depends on the way you used to live with your parents. If you've always been independent, using your home like an hotel, you can live like this as long as you like it.
If you are doing long study, it might be difficult to get off before 25. From my experience I got lucky by having been paid to finish my study and then jumping on a phd financement. But I know of friends less lucky and still at their parents, it doesn't make them more stupid.
Also as long as you have good friends with their own house, you can party there and get the laundry done by your mother... Sounds like being in the army except you got to keep your two arms.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I sympathise with the young 'uns here about property prices, especially here in the UK.
The amount of money I have to find for my mortgage every month is obscene, but it is still cheaper than the 1 bed flat I used to rent a few years back.

If I was in my 20's still I'd be looking to live with my parents well into my 40's lol

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what age do you think it starts getting embarrassing to your parents for having your "XX-year-old" kid still living in your house?

Which are more likely to still be living at home with their parents past the age of 30 - Boys or Girls?

My final question - how many here still have parents that live with each other? The fact is, now only 1 out of every 4 households is occupied by a married couple with children.

Something to think about: Yoshi never got married before it started popping out baby Yoshis... therefore, each of Yoshi's babies are bastard-babies, no?

If Captain Crunch owned a car, would it be a Honda Type-Arrrrrrgh?

sanghoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
well, i'm 27 now and still living with my parents, i was hoping to move out this year, but it's just waaaaayyyy too expensive so i delayed my moving plans until next year...
i do believe that more boys stay at home than girls...
and my parents still live happily together after 30 years of marriage
smile.gif

Nevin007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
around 19-20 I think, moved out when i was 17 and never been back.

Nineteen?
wtf.gif
It's embarrassing for a teenager to live at home?
huh.gif

Maybe I'm just not getting this. I pay $19,000 for my car, around $55,000 so far on college, and I don't even know what a house costs nowadays, other varius bills, and since I'm a student I can only work part time. I'm 22 and I'm not embarrased to say I need some help. But this thread makes me feel that I should be embarrased.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it