what age do you think it starts getting

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by CJL18, Mar 7, 2007.

Mar 7, 2007
  1. CJL18
    OP

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    embrassing living with your parents?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
  3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  4. Flozem

Member Flozem GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    30 - I know a few of my friends were still living at home at that age... I prolly would have too if not for my gf (hotel mama is one of the finest places to stay...) [​IMG]

5. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    21, by then u have gotten off your p's and have most likely finished university,TAFE,etc(unless you are going for your masters or something) and you have a full time job. try telling my sister that though

6. CJL18
    OP

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    hey i'm 20 and havent even started yet i'll be 21 will i start college, so i'm wont be out wtill i'm about 23-24 [​IMG]

7. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I'd say around 26
    just because its getting more expensive to start out on your life

8. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    i work in manhatten for a very well news corporation i get paid VERY VERY WELL

im 26 and i still cant afford to move out on my own its insane property values nowadays

cheapest apartment i found here is like 2000 a month

9. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    its out of order the price of houses today our generation cant afford to rent a house never mind buy one. Well most of us.

10. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    I lived without my parents since 16, but I wouldn't have minded staying with them until at least 21, I think past 24 gets embarrasing.

11. Mehdi

Member Mehdi Lemonade by Psyfira

Netherlands
    2000 ? [​IMG]

12. Nevin007

Member Nevin007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It all depends on the situation. I'm 22 and going for my bachelors in electrical engineering. I still have 8 classes left to take and I need to do a full two semester's of co-op. By the time I get a job i'll be 25, by the time I move out I'll be late 20's or maybe even 30. I've worked my ass off, so should I really be embarrased living with my parents at 30? [​IMG] I guess if anyone were to snicker at my for that, I'd just whip out my paycheck and snicker right back. [​IMG] So my answer would be past 30. Anywhere in your 20's it's normal to live at home.

13. mossy

Newcomer mossy Member

Australia
    26-30 - depending on circumstances (long uni course/post grad, debt from education and/or training, affordability of living in your area)

14. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    around 19-20 I think, moved out when i was 17 and never been back.

15. 111111111

Member 111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    21-23ish at the very oldest.

No matter how much you are earning - I'd rather be making £100 a week and living on my own than earning £3000 a week and living with parents.

16. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    It mainly depends on the way you used to live with your parents. If you've always been independent, using your home like an hotel, you can live like this as long as you like it.
    If you are doing long study, it might be difficult to get off before 25. From my experience I got lucky by having been paid to finish my study and then jumping on a phd financement. But I know of friends less lucky and still at their parents, it doesn't make them more stupid.
    Also as long as you have good friends with their own house, you can party there and get the laundry done by your mother... Sounds like being in the army except you got to keep your two arms.

17. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    I sympathise with the young 'uns here about property prices, especially here in the UK.
    The amount of money I have to find for my mortgage every month is obscene, but it is still cheaper than the 1 bed flat I used to rent a few years back.

If I was in my 20's still I'd be looking to live with my parents well into my 40's lol

18. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    what age do you think it starts getting embarrassing to your parents for having your "XX-year-old" kid still living in your house?

Which are more likely to still be living at home with their parents past the age of 30 - Boys or Girls?

My final question - how many here still have parents that live with each other? The fact is, now only 1 out of every 4 households is occupied by a married couple with children.

Something to think about: Yoshi never got married before it started popping out baby Yoshis... therefore, each of Yoshi's babies are bastard-babies, no?

If Captain Crunch owned a car, would it be a Honda Type-Arrrrrrgh?

19. sanghoku

Member sanghoku GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    well, i'm 27 now and still living with my parents, i was hoping to move out this year, but it's just waaaaayyyy too expensive so i delayed my moving plans until next year...
    i do believe that more boys stay at home than girls...
    and my parents still live happily together after 30 years of marriage [​IMG]

20. Nevin007

Member Nevin007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nineteen? [​IMG] It's embarrassing for a teenager to live at home? [​IMG]

Maybe I'm just not getting this. I pay $19,000 for my car, around $55,000 so far on college, and I don't even know what a house costs nowadays, other varius bills, and since I'm a student I can only work part time. I'm 22 and I'm not embarrased to say I need some help. But this thread makes me feel that I should be embarrased. [​IMG]