How to hack the Homework First NES Lock

Parental locks, amirite?
In case any of you have found yourselves in this predicament, LockPicking Lawyer's new video just dropped, and it shows you how to get rid of that pesky parental lock on your console.
Share and enjoy.

Physical security, very often overlooked aspect of information security.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This video was a coincidence. I told my mother yesterday that this obscure lock exists… and then LPL featured it!

Parental controls – nowadays electronic – usually don't work. Even if they are secure, they fail addressing the underlying problem. Upbringing and educations is a hard job – nothing you can outsource to an electronic babysitter (in this case mechanical).

This lock has the dignity of age. But that's it.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
damn it, you telling me all this time i couldnt play my old NES becuase my dad forgot the code. all i had to do was look up a youtube video on how?

time to play some of my LJN games !

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Physical security, very often overlooked aspect of information security.
True. Physical access is more or less administrative access (though they are trying their best to ruin that simple equation with locked smartphones).

In this case: If a child can't be trusted, the console (or the power adapter, or the controllers) should be stored in the parent's room. It doesn't need a specialized lock that could even damage the expensive console (I surely would not put that on an NES nowadays, not even for trying).

And do you d*mn f…ing parenting job! Bring your kid to the point where neither is needed!

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems like such a useless product when parents could (mine did) just take the controllers or power cord with them to work.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Medimops.de was slow once again.

But now, with a few days delay, I can drop a picture here. A nonsense product going into the same direction, this time for the PlayStation 2.
PS2_ParentalControl.jpg

Not much to say but facepalm
facepalm.png

I must be insane for buying such… and I do not even have children.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing well some of them.... Sharp X68000 games lol Japanese is hard...