ROM Hack What about a picross ds homebrew ?

Alx

OP
Trophies
Website
puzzlemaniak.com
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

Gameplay of official Picross DS (rom #830) is not really good when playing 15x15 grids.
Zooming to play is not really playable.

The first picross homebrew is also not really playable (no stylus support)

So, my idea is to developp a new Picross homebrew.
What do you think about that ?
And which features would like to have for this homebrew ?

Alx

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And which features would like to have for this homebrew?

1) You should be able to play with either the stylus or the standard controls. I personally hate playing picross with the stylus, and others hate using the d-pad & buttons.

2) An option for what the game does when you fill a square that's supposed to be empty. It should either tell you that you were wrong and penalize you(like 0830 - Picross DS), or do nothing and let you figure it out for yourself(like 0679 - Puzzle Series Vol. 6 - Illust Logic).

3) The ability to design and import/export your own puzzles, preferably with an in-game editor.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Picross DS actually has both: Puzzles marked with a red N will tell you if you make errors, ones marked with a blue F do not.

And refering to games by their release numbers... Eww.

By the way, I prefer D-Pad + Buttons to Touchscreen as well for Picross... Just works better IMO.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Picross DS = awesome.
Stylus controls are a bit too dodgy, but using the buttons is the way to go.
biggrin.gif

crunchbot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
picross DS is awesome. The stylus control just takes practice if you are used to the other mario picross games. i can't see why people think it's so awful. Maybe it's the not the preferred way, but it is FAR from unplayable.

This is not to say you shouldn't develop you own homebrew version. I think that the that picross DS was lacking from previous version is the giant puzzle mode, made of 4 other puzzles. I'd like to see something like that return. Other that that i'm not sure what to tell you. Other than that there is another Picross DS in develpment by this guy:

http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/picrossds.shtml

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative