Homebrew What 3DS is the best for homebrew?

josh87402

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I just lost my 3DS, yes the original one, with a considerably low version, perfect for homebrew, so now that I have no choice but to buy another 3DS, could anyone tell me what model is best suitable for homebrew? New 3DS?, XL? Bundle? I'd be grateful if someone took the time to go here and clarify me what model is best suitable for any kinda homebrew or CFW even

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Best for cfw: firmware 9.2 or below, since N3DS is getting 9.6+ emunand support, it doesn't matter anymore if you get a New or Old 3DS
Best for homebrew in general: any 3ds at the moment
Best for emulators: New 3DS, doesn't matter if it's XL/LL or standard
Best for hardmodding: Old 3DS XL/LL
If you get bundles that came out before a certain time I'm sure they come with a lower firmware, which would be good for cfw
That's all I can think of off the top of my head, hope it helps!

Reactions: josh87402

josh87402

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks a lot ppl! I guess the best choice here is getting the NN3DS right? Can I still access some Homebrew and stuff with it?

josh87402

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You can do everything with it, just make sure it comes with 9.2 or lower.
Does this one work?
N3DSX034_201512394954_b.jpg

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The chance of getting a 9.2< new3DS are low.
Anyways, you can just downgrade now so it does not matter. The easiest way: <9.2.
The not-so-easy-but-possible way: <10.3... Every 3DS at the moment because 10.4 is not even released. ;)

D

Deleted User

N3DS is your best choice since it's very strong and have better in amloast everything. Amloast everything with 3DS stuff supports N3DS and often runs better there. You don't have to make sure it's <9.2 since it's possible to downgrade, and even if an patch soon would come then it would take a while before the N3DSes in store have 10.4 :)

Reactions: josh87402

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably already have your answer, but I'll put my opinion in.

I sold my o3DS a while ago and a friend let me use his o3DS until recently when I bought myself a n3DSXL on 9.5.

From there, I downgraded using Sysupdater to 9.2 and from there I installed what I wanted.

If you're big into getting the best performance out of your 3DS, the n3DS is great. Using a NTR plugin for increased performance in laggy games that don't utilize the n3DS hardware and other goodies (Like .CIA Emulators) you're able to use a n3DS in ways an o3DS just wouldn't cut it.

Edit: Also, the browser is pretty nice.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0