Gaming What 3DS game to get for first game?

What 3DS game to buy?

• Total voters

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are the controls super bad? Like do I have to like move my fingers a lot?
Once you master the controls, there's no other way to play this game. Superior controls, even dual analog is slow paced for this game.

It feels natural once you give it a go. Use a stand that comes with the game if you need to, although I never used it.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... sounds good. I might take up your offer. I really wish they come out with Grand Theft Auto in 3D... holy shit.

Jerome The Giant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heartgold is corrent, Kid Icarus is a great title that has tons of replay value, thanks to the addicting weapon collecting and online mode. Resident Evil: Revelations is also a decent title you should look at.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone mind telling/ explaining what Kid Icarus: Uprising is about?
A lot of people recommend it so...

Kid Icarus: Uprising is quite overrated in all honesty. A good game but not to the level some people bark on about.

The controls were fucking terrible as well and I'd suggest getting this to play the game properly

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'd recommend Super Mario 3D Land, but now that Paper Mario Sticker Star is out too, that's a great candidate as well. New Super Mario Bros 2 can be avoided altogether, there's nothing new or noteworthy about it, and it gets old quickly after having played the 2 previous iterations.

Mario Kart 7 is a great second or third game (after Super Mario 3D Land and Paper Mario) but is something you play every once in a while, and not for hours on end, so it's not a good first game when you have nothing else to play :P

But Kid Icarus is a great game too. Still wouldn't recommend that for a first game, 3D Land and Paper Mario are better games IMO.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is quite overrated in all honesty. A good game but not to the level some people bark on about.

The controls were fucking terrible as well and I'd suggest getting this to play the game properly
The controls were just fine IMO. Not great for turning quickly but otherwise just fine. It'd probably be even better with the CPP, but it's not like it's not as enjoyable without it.

But I agree that it's overrated. It's still one of the best games out for the 3DS though.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To provide some detailed thoughts on some games.

Kid Icarus is a good game but I would never describe as a "great game," to as the best portable game everrr. I wouldn't call it best portable game of the year (Virtue's Last Reward is). Graphics, music and localisation are very good. Though I did find the humour to border on painfully cheesy at times. I found using the nub and stylus controls to be fucking horrendous, it really did hurt my hand. Though I did start enjoying the game when I got the thumb stylus and than the game became fun to play.

Super Mario 3D Land was a blast to play through. I really enjoyed it while it lasted. But it is really short and after finishing the extra worlds, I just sold the game. And I can't say I regret doing it, I don't have an urge to play it again.

Resident Evil Revelations, I found to be a solid serviceable game. The graphics are probably the best on the system, they really good and I liked the fusion of action and survival elements in the game. The gyro controls were good as well. It's worth a playthrough though I can't say there's much in terms of replayability.

TL;DR: Get Tales of the Abyss, Ghost Recon:Shadow Wars and Virtues Last Reward.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Revelations is a good game, but I find there are annoying parts in it that just halted my interest. Kid Icarus is a fast past shooter and is bloody fantastic. The game is lengthy and has tons of replay value, especially for single player mode. I'd say go with Mario Kart and I definitely think I'll be trying Luigi's Mansion when it arrives.

rayword45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, most of the people I know got used to the Kid Icarus controls very quickly. Nobody in particular has super strong hands, but we didn't cry out in pain.

The CPP should've been included, but it wouldn't have worked for the gameplay (it was much too quick) although the face buttons being an option but not the CPP is a complete joke.

I personally would describe it as underrated (The sales numbers are a fraction of Mario titles on the 3DS, and the Metacritic average is 7-12 less points then I desire) due only to some people bitching about the controls like it actually broke the game. Ninjabread Man is broken, this just has a learning curve.

My top 3 recommendations are Kid Icarus: Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land and Resident Evil Revelations. Maybe toss in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance or Professor Layton.

Lloyd14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Defenetly Tales of the Abyss or Zelda: OOT 3D for the games that are on the market.
Or wait for Fire Emblem and Donkey kong, like that other dude say's.

IMO Tales of the Abyss is the best game released for the 3DS until now. I was a huge Tales of Symphonia fan 7 years ago (still:P) and got my 3DS specificly for Tales of the Abyss 3D, I just have Zelda: OOT because that guy gave it to me for 10 euro's but Zelda is also a very good remake, the textures are updated and some action animation's changed, like rolling and swinging.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-