Hacking wfsdump - PC util for dumping WFS devices (WiiU File System)

  • Thread starter Thread starter EyeKey
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 85,017
  • Replies Replies 203
  • Likes Likes 41
First of all: thanks for this great tool! :bow:


My old Wii U died, so I bought a "new" one and used the wfs-reencr*ptor to reencrypt my HDD with the new keys.
Reencrypting worked fine (I can see all my games and saves on the new Wii U).

But if I try to start a game I see an error message:


sigpatcher is installed. When I'm installing the game via WUP-Installer GX2 then I can start the game without any issues. So I assume to get the old games running (without re-installing them) I need to do some addional steps?



Edit: for some reason I'm not allowed to use the word wfs-reencr*ptor here :unsure:
The savegames are stored under a specific userid. Maybe there is a mismatch? If that is the case I think that the folder need to be renamed to the correct userid alongside its permissions.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SDIO
The savegames are not the issue I think. (I could move them with SaveMii.) But for some reason the new Wii U is not accepting the installed games from the old Wii U.
 
The problem is that the tickets are missing, as they get installed to the SLC. I don't know of a good way to just install the tickets without the games
 
  • Like
Reactions: EyeKey

Site & Scene News