Hacking Well, I guess this is over now...

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol, still they wouldn't say something like that especially if is a current-gen console. They WILL ignore it eventually that's for sure.
of course they will gotta try and get rid of these wiius in stock just sitting on the shelves! but i guarantee they won't be making any more new stock :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wii U homebrew is dead. Enjoy shitty backup loading through Loadiine if you happen to have the right firmware I guess, because thats all you guys can do
yep it's the 3ds all over again yet another disappointing nintendo hacking gen... :glare:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: KytuzuZE
D

Deleted User

yep it's the 3ds all over again yet another disappointing nintendo hacking gen... :glare:
It took a long time to get there but at least there was usefull homebrew applications and emulators and theres is still more being made. And now we have emuNAND and A9LH(still not sure why you would go through the trouble of that though) for more good stuff. Wii U has literally nothing and its just a little younger than the 3DS.

Last edited by ,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U homebrew is dead. Enjoy shitty backup loading through Loadiine if you happen to have the right firmware I guess, because thats all you guys can do
I very much enjoy my "shitty backup loading" every day! Thanks! Half way through TPHD right now. I don't bitch about the 2 minutes it takes to run the exploit and load the game.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Always people calling the scene dead but don't feel like helping anything. Great, another of those unconstructive threads. Don't you already have your beloved backup loading already? Like isn't that all you need as leech? I don't really get what people are missing if they just complain like that...

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Always people calling the scene dead but don't feel like helping anything. Great, another of those unconstructive threads. Don't you already have your beloved backup loading already? Like isn't that all you need as leech? I don't really get what people are missing if they just complain like that...
They are too impatient to wait for 5.5.x support

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are too impatient to wait for 5.5.x support
Well after all the missed released dates, the bragging from @NWPlayer123 & Co, and the infamous "no specific release dates" lie from <censored>, what you people think was going to happen? Everyone just sweep the past under the rug and continue to bow down like sheep?

LOL.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
NOBODY is calling people fro the scene.
saying the scene is dead is not a "j'a accuse" against those people.
people just wanted a glorified hombrew scene like the one on wii.
you do not need to lick them in anyway it is just a matter of fact, there will be no scene because the wiiu is going to close this year and scene got no interest.
You may say "no you are wrong best of scene will appear once nintendo leave wiiu and there will be no more fw updates" , but that is only a speculation.
On other hand people like me think that once we got the "NX fever" as gamers ( and we already speak more of the nx the the wiiu) also the scene "got the fevere" and will move to hack the NX instead of even try to open full the wiiu.
i dont care about a iso loader for example, i would love wiiu emus, i would love reverse engineriing for online games (smash ,maker and mk over all ) who cares about loaders, there are maybe only 30 quality games max that wiiu has to offer (and i'm really happy with them, one of my favourite console from snes), so not a 1TB of stuff to deal with...

Mattmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is actually a lot going on in "The Scene". It may not seem like it since most devs dont like posting here because of the cry babies or people such as yourself branding something when they have no idea what they are talking about. Behind the scenes it is actually booming lately. Ive been working on 3 different projects along with a couple other devs, and discuss it in a place where there isnt people complaining so much to the point that you cant sift through it all to find a helpful post. A lot of people are getting to the point of a public release. Being impatient and jumping to uneducated conclusions is hurting yourself more than the people that know their stuff and are capable of making something. Honestly a lot of stuff will be released and developed with or without you believing in the scene. Instead of trying to discourage people here you could always pick up a book about assembly, C coding, or anything along those lines to find/make something yourself. I mainly developed things for PSP/Vita/PS3/Wii but I got interested and figured out a kernel exploit myself. I havent figured out an IOSU one but if I am capable of figuring out the kernel one then I can presume that there are a mass amount of people that can. Sit tight and wait, or kindly smash your computer so we dont have to see this BS. People like you are giving these forums a bad rep.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
There is actually a lot going on in "The Scene". It may not seem like it since most devs dont like posting here because of the cry babies or people such as yourself branding something when they have no idea what they are talking about. Behind the scenes it is actually booming lately. Ive been working on 3 different projects along with a couple other devs, and discuss it in a place where there isnt people complaining so much to the point that you cant sift through it all to find a helpful post. A lot of people are getting to the point of a public release. Being impatient and jumping to uneducated conclusions is hurting yourself more than the people that know their stuff and are capable of making something. Honestly a lot of stuff will be released and developed with or without you believing in the scene. Instead of trying to discourage people here you could always pick up a book about assembly, C coding, or anything along those lines to find/make something yourself. I mainly developed things for PSP/Vita/PS3/Wii but I got interested and figured out a kernel exploit myself. I havent figured out an IOSU one but if I am capable of figuring out the kernel one then I can presume that there are a mass amount of people that can. Sit tight and wait, or kindly smash your computer so we dont have to see this BS. People like you are giving these forums a bad rep.
AGAIN.
people here is not complaining.
whay you people do not want to understand this?
people do not want to discourage the scene guy,
people here just came to a bit of reality nad despite your words about whatever the projects that are being worked behind the scene, there is no time left to build a flourish scene LIKE THE ONE ON THE WII ( sorry but needed to caps lock this because people like you seem to miss that we have that in mind when we look at wiiu and see that IN 2016 we are not even near that kind of level of homebrew, and AGAIN NOBODY is blaming the scene guys for this, as said MANY times this is both wiiu failure ( i showed many times my love for the console but the wiiu failed to gather casual gamers and third parties it a FACT) and lack of scene interest.
you don't like the part about "lack of scene interest"?
ok your opinion , but not a reason to blame back people here, just your and mine opinions, very different but I respect yours, and you respect mines.
peace and love.

Mattmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AGAIN.
people here is not complaining.
whay you people do not want to understand this?
people do not want to discourage the scene guy,
people here just came to a bit of reality nad despite your words about whatever the projects that are being worked behind the scene, there is no time left to build a flourish scene LIKE THE ONE ON THE WII ( sorry but needed to caps lock this because people like you seem to miss that we have that in mind when we look at wiiu and see that IN 2016 we are not even near that kind of level of homebrew, and AGAIN NOBODY is blaming the scene guys for this, as said MANY times this is both wiiu failure ( i showed many times my love for the console but the wiiu failed to gather casual gamers and third parties it a FACT) and lack of scene interest.
you don't like the part about "lack of scene interest"?
ok your opinion , but not a reason to blame back people here, just your and mine opinions, very different but I respect yours, and you respect mines.
peace and love.

Thank you for being respectful. It is nice to see that around here. I also respect things on the basis of opinions as well. I personally do not believe the NX being released or comparing what is going on to past systems time frames of homebrew scenes is a very accurate way of judging if it will be a good scene or not. Take the PS3 for example. It was released forever ago, but if you look at the more well known sites for modding its still blowing up like no other. A bigger development was just released about a week ago. I dont want to get in to being Pro piracy or not but pretty much the only people i see that would drop out of "The Scene" are people that interests were just to be able to download current game releases for free. I know its been frustrating with "The dev which we dare not speak of" not meeting expectations and such but I assure you its only just beginning. I guess I should have taken the posts I was reading into a better context before commenting so I thank you again for you being respectful. If there is anyone that would like to contribute to developing, has a unique idea, or needs more man power on a current project feel free to PM me.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for being respectful. It is nice to see that around here. I also respect things on the basis of opinions as well. I personally do not believe the NX being released or comparing what is going on to past systems time frames of homebrew scenes is a very accurate way of judging if it will be a good scene or not. Take the PS3 for example. It was released forever ago, but if you look at the more well known sites for modding its still blowing up like no other. A bigger development was just released about a week ago. I dont want to get in to being Pro piracy or not but pretty much the only people i see that would drop out of "The Scene" are people that interests were just to be able to download current game releases for free. I know its been frustrating with "The dev which we dare not speak of" not meeting expectations and such but I assure you its only just beginning. I guess I should have taken the posts I was reading into a better context before commenting so I thank you again for you being respectful. If there is anyone that would like to contribute to developing, has a unique idea, or needs more man power on a current project feel free to PM me.

My point ( not only mine) is considering things have changed from the wii era.
I understand clearly that the scene now is facing very difficult problems on opening the wiiu, and that is nowhere near the "easy" wii .
PS3 scene is active also because PS4 slow start (not slow about numbers but slow about the numbers of cross gen and remakes released in first year) gave them less invenctive on working on ps4, ando also the beliving that the gen will be long for PS4.
with wiiu that (always my opinion here...) will not be the case since NX will gather surely more interest from the start.
basically common opinion is that the "bad luck" of wiiu is reflecting to the wiiu scene.
(again my personal opinion here) people here showed some kind of selfishness on the scene guys, that created some backslash against hykem for example.
but as i stated many times WE could not blame any guy in the scene for not achiving the same level of the wii scene...that's not a skills problem, that really a resources and timing problem.
just to be clear at 100% i think also X1 and PS4 scene will suffer from this, mandatory online is really a problem and force people to gather many resources to "fight" against the big 3 continuos fw updates.
I understand your call to people to be more collaborative, because really IT NEEDS more efforts this time.
But i can understand also people that simply "accepted" this state of things.
so really believe NOBODY is blaming to the guys in the scene here , even if bad words are written this reflects more a personal discourage than a real attack to the person.
also the backslash to hykem in reality is not based on a personal hate agaisnt him, but he is just a "totem" of their hopes ...(ok too much romantic view here :) )
so this is time for dialogue, not to blame eachother "side" .

Reactions: Mattmatic

Mattmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point ( not only mine) is considering things have changed from the wii era.
I understand clearly that the scene now is facing very difficult problems on opening the wiiu, and that is nowhere near the "easy" wii .
PS3 scene is active also because PS4 slow start (not slow about numbers but slow about the numbers of cross gen and remakes released in first year) gave them less invenctive on working on ps4, ando also the beliving that the gen will be long for PS4.
with wiiu that (always my opinion here...) will not be the case since NX will gather surely more interest from the start.
basically common opinion is that the "bad luck" of wiiu is reflecting to the wiiu scene.
(again my personal opinion here) people here showed some kind of selfishness on the scene guys, that created some backslash against hykem for example.
but as i stated many times WE could not blame any guy in the scene for not achiving the same level of the wii scene...that's not a skills problem, that really a resources and timing problem.
just to be clear at 100% i think also X1 and PS4 scene will suffer from this, mandatory online is really a problem and force people to gather many resources to "fight" against the big 3 continuos fw updates.
I understand your call to people to be more collaborative, because really IT NEEDS more efforts this time.
But i can understand also people that simply "accepted" this state of things.
so really believe NOBODY is blaming to the guys in the scene here , even if bad words are written this reflects more a personal discourage than a real attack to the person.
also the backslash to hykem in reality is not based on a personal hate agaisnt him, but he is just a "totem" of their hopes ...(ok too much romantic view here :) )
so this is time for dialogue, not to blame eachother "side" .

I get where you are coming from. Hopefully is goes better but only time will tell my friend. I hope things go better than expected by most the community. Seeing things behind the scenes with all the devs though, I think that the WiiU scene is about to boom. How long that boom will last is something we will just have to see I guess. Its about to get fun for a while though.

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am interested in making true HomeBrew for the Wii-U, but we need the IOSU Exploit in order to do this.
As others have said - the kexploit only helps keep loadiine alive - the iosu exploit would kick off the true wii-u homebrew scene.

You can keep your kexploits all private to yourselves - just give us the iosu exploit so we can start the true wii-u homebrew scene - please.

Mattmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am interested in making true HomeBrew for the Wii-U, but we need the IOSU Exploit in order to do this.
As others have said - the kexploit only helps keep loadiine alive - the iosu exploit would kick off the true wii-u homebrew scene.

You can keep your kexploits all private to yourselves - just give us the iosu exploit so we can start the true wii-u homebrew scene - please.

I dont have a IOSU exploit yet, but there is a lot you can do with a kernel exploit. It can even lead to more IOSU exploits or manipulations. Its getting harder to see since the sub forum is getting flooded with junk but there are a lot of mods and programs utilizing the 5.3.2 kernel exploit that are pretty awesome.

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
So when are you going to release that kernel exploit to the public?

Mattmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when are you going to release that kernel exploit to the public?

What you should have taken away from that statement was that its completely possible for a decent programmer to figure it out. It wasn't a release announcement. When the time is right (if people agree or not with the dev's reasons) a lot of them will be made public. There is a scheduled maintenance coming up on the 6th which may drop a firmware update. If that happens Id place my bet that one of the few floating around will be made public. They added a new function (OSDisableUserHeartbeat) in the last code release so it seems we will get something of an update in the near future.

Last edited by Mattmatic,

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
What you should have taken away from that statement was that its completely possible for a decent programmer to figure it out. It wasn't an release announcement. When the time is right (if people agree or not with the dev's reasons) a lot of them will be made public. There is a scheduled maintenance coming up on the 6th which may drop a firmware update. If that happens Id place my bet that one of the few floating around will be made public. They added a new function (OSDisableUserHeartbeat) in the last code release so it seems we will get something of an update in the near future.
So on the 7th youll release it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4