Hacking Weird? Game is detecting my machine as JAP after downgrading to GW2.0b1

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I downgraded from GW2.0b2 to GW2.0b1 by replacing the launcher (no change to other SD card content) to run 7.1 emuNAND (created from GW2.0b2) and now when I load up Bravely Default, its all in Japanese (my machine is PAL and the game is PAL too) as if the game is detecting my machine as JAP region.

I have no problem playing the game because there is option in game to switch between English text or Japanese text. But the thing is when I was in GW2.0b2, the game starts in English, its just weird now in GW2.0b1 it starts in Japanese. I mean how is that possible? Would that because the GW2.0b1 launcher fails to patch 7.1 somehow?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's a known bug in 2.0b1. Occurs only for certain game titles.

Just one of those little annoyances we have to live with if we want to avoid bricking code. Other than that, 2.0b2 is a lot more stable and bug-free.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's only if your using 7.x on emunand, if you have a spare SD. You can set up a 4.x emunand in the mean time.... Or just delete your existing emunand and stay on 4.5 emunand until 2.0 final is released and confirmed safe, all games will work on 4.5 emunand or even 4.5 with no emunand set up, but it crashed for me a couple of times till I set up emunand

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes thank you all.

But I guess it is actually nice if GW can give you the option to spoof your machine to a JAP one, because some features/options are lacking in other regions, especially spoofing the eShop to connect to JAP :P

Newoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It did the same thing to mine when I would play Mario Tennis. It makes it more of a challenge. Lol

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a different problem. I downgraded to 2.0b1 and trying to go into system settings after running the exploit just leaves my machine hanging on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen. It never gets into system settings. (Turning the machine on and going into system settings in order to run the DS profile exploit is okay--it only locks up when I go into system settings *after* starting Gateway.) Both Classic Mode and Gateway Mode have this problem, and so does starting without holding left and therefore without getting the Gateway menu. Playing a ROM seems to work normally (although the game does start up in Japanese).

Reinstalling the DS exploit by running a DS game and then installing the exploit doesn't help. If I revert to 1.2 Launcher.dat, it works and if I copy back 2.0b1 it causes the problem again.

I don't have another SD card handy to try a fresh SD card.

I am running 4.4.0-10U.

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.0b1 was just buggy. 2.0b2 fixes most of the problems with it, but of course introduces the bricking code. 1.2 is your best bet if you can live without emunand.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm having a different problem. I downgraded to 2.0b1 and trying to go into system settings after running the exploit just leaves my machine hanging on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen. It never gets into system settings. (Turning the machine on and going into system settings in order to run the DS profile exploit is okay--it only locks up when I go into system settings *after* starting Gateway.) Both Classic Mode and Gateway Mode have this problem, and so does starting without holding left and therefore without getting the Gateway menu. Playing a ROM seems to work normally (although the game does start up in Japanese).

Reinstalling the DS exploit by running a DS game and then installing the exploit doesn't help. If I revert to 1.2 Launcher.dat, it works and if I copy back 2.0b1 it causes the problem again.

I don't have another SD card handy to try a fresh SD card.

I am running 4.4.0-10U.

If your using 7.x emunand on b1 you will be unable to go into system setting or eshop etc....b1 isn't compatible with 7.x......it will "work" for games but it's buggy, make a new emunand setup and stay on 4.5 in emunand and you will have the same game compatibility as b2, but there is the save game bug, but that only ever happened to me twice, if you really want the updated game compatibility stick to b1 with 4.x emunand, there is a way to avoid the save game bug which is to just start a game then exit and see if the game hangs, if it doesn't your free to play it as much as you want.

But if there is no games you want to play that need b1 there's no real reason to use it

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes thank you all.

But I guess it is actually nice if GW can give you the option to spoof your machine to a JAP one, because some features/options are lacking in other regions, especially spoofing the eShop to connect to JAP :P
Spoofing the eShop is still impossible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol