• Total voters

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so now that I am done with finals I am going to try to make a web version of this It will be created from scratch and is mostly an excuse for me to learn webpack but it should hopefully be a decent alternative if you don't want to install java or are away from a computer that has it.

Because I have limited time to work on this I want to know what priorities I should have (skills, hair color, etc.)

Any comments/suggestions are always welcome

EDIT 0: If any of you have save files that you would be willing to share that would be great. if you could provide how much dlc you have and the country of origin that would be even better!

UPDATE: this is on hold for now as i have school. I will still work on this when I have time but it will not be updated nearly as often

RELEASE 10: I added hair color and parent editing. There is now recognition of fallen units however the duplicate, delete and import functions don't really work if you have them. By this I mean that on 2 cartridges (eu and us) loading the same exact save one worked the other crashed I have no clue why this happens however it implies some difference on how death is handled in different regions. Tell me if it works but I wouldn't hold my breath. On a better note I now have an inigo who's mother is olivia and who's father is also olivia.

https://alexmgriffin.github.io/fire-editor2/

past releases
RELEASE 9: now you can delete characters from the save file and there is more character validation when you inject a unit

RELEASE 8: This removed some of the more broken things in the original and added other things such as duplication and injection of characters soon I should be able to add them back in as well. Everything has been tested and works on my end but tell me if you run into any issues. Also now all units are saved as a whole so you can switch between tabs and panes freely.

EVERYTHING BELOW THIS IS DEPRECATED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
RELEASE 0: so it is currently 8:30am for me and I woke up yesterday at 4:00am so I am pretty dead. In other news the "prototype" is done here are the links and if you encounter any issues just tell me. It can currently edit class, active skills, learned skills (from a limited selection), class, exp, lvl, and boot amount.

RELEASE 1: added hair color editing and cleaned up code a bit. A to my knowledge new glitch has occurred in that some units when you edit them to have all skills including lunatic+ they do not get them instead only getting some of the skills.

RELEASE2: Now you can edit stats. I also did a bit of bug fixing. Now comes the hard bit of trying to get supports working.

RELEASE 3: there is now a fully editable convoy option. I didn't test it very extensively so it may be glitchy.

RELEASE 4: I have fixed all the bugs on my end aside from the hair color of children being weird (working on that next) and added difficulty and gold editing.

RELEASE 5: Added weapon exp editing if anyone knows the exact values for the levels tell me and I will put them in the descriptor

RELEASE 6: The first big refactoring stage is done. Basicly nothing changes for you people other than you now have complete control over the learned skills of a unit and the hair color glitch has been fixed completely. the MU/DLC hair color editing for jp cartridges may not work (still trying to find a way to distinguish between regions) however everything else should.

RELEASE 7: OK so I think everything is fixed. I can successfully edit all the appearance values for avatars and logbook characters including hair color. Avatar customization will not work on jp saves but everything else worked for me.

link: https://alex-griffin.github.io/fire-editor2/
github: https://github.com/alex-griffin/fire-editor2

link: https://alex-griffin.github.io/fire-editor2/
github: https://github.com/alex-griffin/fire-editor2

If you know any amount of js don't look at the code it is a mess wrapped in a garbage fire.

EDIT0: I am going to sleep now.

EDIT1: The editor can only load chapter files not map files (chapter files are the main saves, map files are the mid battle saves.)

Last edited by lea,

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Will it auto decompress, or does it still require FEAST?
Right now It will require feast but that is always something I can add later. I will also add it to the poll in case that is valued above some other smaller things.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Learned skills should be prioritized over active imo, since with most legit ones, you could just make them active when you load the game.

I can see why people would want skills such as enemy only ones to be active only though.

AxelKatsuragi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For me a priority would be hair color, but it woould be nice if we could see the code for other character's hair color too, not just Robin's/MU. With this I mean something like what FEFTwiddler does.

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me a priority would be hair color, but it woould be nice if we could see the code for other character's hair color too, not just Robin's/MU. With this I mean something like what FEFTwiddler does.

In decompressed saves a character's hair color is stored even if not a mu or child however changing these to my knowledge does not to do anything. However I have not tested this very extensively so it may change something like a child's hair color.

Reactions: AxelKatsuragi

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In decompressed saves a character's hair color is stored even if not a mu or child however changing these to my knowledge does not to do anything. However I have not tested this very extensively so it may change something like a child's hair color.
It wouldn't unless it was a kid. Regular units have their hair in the portraits. The Avatar and kids have separate hair files.

AxelKatsuragi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I still would like to see the hair color of the parents to give it to their children, I need a red haired Severa that has the same shade of red as Cordelia, I might even give it to M!Robin to make it more natural.

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't unless it was a kid. Regular units have their hair in the portraits. The Avatar and kids have separate hair files.

It is weird but trust me it does. That or there is a random 3 bytes of data in every character that so happened to line up with virion and libra's hair color (once again I have tested this very little)

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is weird but trust me it does. That or there is a random 3 bytes of data in every character that so happened to line up with virion and libra's hair color (once again I have tested this very little)
They have to have that so that the character blocks are consistent. They did the same thing with fates. Hence why feftwiddler has the hair color option for everyone, but it only edits the avatar and kids.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there.

I'll just put my grain of sand about this. I was working on the web app for editing Fire Emblem: Awakening saves. It was last year I worked on this, and it includes the translation from C# (from SciresM's FEAST code) to Javascript for decompressing the Chapter files directly in the web. I couldn't translate the compression code because of life happening... And, well, I wasn't that good in Javascript.

Sadly, life happened and I wasn't able to work on it anymore, so, I have decided to upload the source code to GitHub: https://github.com/Olmectron/FireEditorWeb

You may take whatever you'd like from there. It's a Polymer based web app that loads some of the Units data (several things, from Stats values to hair colors and names are parsed from the hex already!) and shows them in a list. You may even fork it if you like it, I won't be able to work on it anyway. (If you decide to fork, it, follow the steps in https://www.polymer-project.org/2.0/start/install-2-0 for setting up Node, Polymer CLI and Bower, then just clone de project and run "bower install" in the project directory where index.html is, so that it downloads the bower dependencies.)

The decompression code is in the scripts/app.js file, and it's pure Javascript, no need for third party libraries nor anything like that, so if you don't like the Polymer layout, you can still use the code for decompressing on the fly.

Also, sorry, but it's not well documented at all. If you have any question regarding the code, you can ask me, and I'll response as soon as possible.

Here's a working example of what the app does right now (only opens a compressed file and show you the units): https://olmectron.firebaseapp.com/
As usual, just click on the "folder" icon button in the upper-right corner, then select a compressed (directly from the save manager, no FEAST) Chapter file and that's it.

While it doesn't show more than the name from the unit and his/her portrait, it actually parses and sets a lot of data from the hex blocks from each character. I hope it helps you in some way, at least.

Again, I won't work on this anymore, and I just wanted to share in case some hex parsing or the Huffman decompression could help you. I'm really looking forward to your release!

Last edited by Olmectron,

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so now that I am done with finals I am going to try to make a web version of this It will be created from scratch and is mostly an excuse for me to learn webpack but it should hopefully be a decent alternative if you don't want to install java or are away from a computer that has it.

Because I have limited time to work on this I want to know what priorities I should have (skills, hair color, etc.)

A prototype should be done soon.

Any comments/suggestions are always welcome

EDIT 0: If any of you have save files that you would be willing to share that would be great. if you could provide how much dlc you have and the country of origin that would be even better!

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I thought I had lost my original FireEditor code (the one which needed FEAST, but had skill editing and more features already), but I just found it!

So, this is the old and first release of the editor:

https://github.com/Olmectron/FireEditorOld

And this one is the most recent, which already decompressed and compressed on its own:

https://github.com/Olmectron/FireEditor

Unforunately, my first editor's code was a mess (yes, even more than the most recent release), so that's the reason I restarted from zero insted of continuing work on the same source code. I tried to be cleaner with my code in the second release, which doesn't need FEAST at all, but it's still ugly coding. Sorry for that.

I hope it helps, even if a little bit only.

I'll be sure to use your editor once you release it!

Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: lea

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usa, here's all my save files, both hacked and not. I think it has all the dlc.

Thanks

I thought I had lost my original FireEditor code (the one which needed FEAST, but had skill editing and more features already), but I just found it!

So, this is the old and first release of the editor:

https://github.com/Olmectron/FireEditorOld

And this one is the most recent, which already decompressed and compressed on its own:

https://github.com/Olmectron/FireEditor

Unforunately, my first editor's code was a mess (yes, even more than the most recent release), so that's the reason I restarted from zero insted of continuing work on the same source code. I tried to be cleaner with my code in the second release, which doesn't need FEAST at all, but it's still ugly coding. Sorry for that.

I hope it helps, even if a little bit only.

I'll be sure to use your editor once you release it!

oh you think your code is a mess you will have an aneurysm once you see the garbage fire I am working on

Reactions: Olmectron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over