WBFS partition NOT recognized in Windows7

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by kwanbis, Dec 2, 2009.

1. kwanbis
    OP

kwanbis Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2007
    United States
    It's been 4 month or more since i connected my WD Passport 500GB to my computer to add a game.

In that time, i upgraded to Windows 7.

My WD is partitioned 499GB WBFS and 1GB NTFS, where i used to keep all the Wii tools.

Now, when i connect the WD, neither the WBFS, nor the NTFS partitions where recognized.

Going through the Hard Disk Manager in Windows, shows both partitions, but any action i try to use, gives me an error:

The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persists close the Disk Management console, then restart Disk Management or restart the computer.

The only action i was able to execute, was to delete the NTFS partition, and then re-create it.

At that point, Windows assigned the W letter.

But the WBFS partition is still not assigned a letter by windows7, so i can not load any more games.

I don't want to format it again, cause i have 50 games in there, and it takes me a lot of time.

So, i was wondering, any ideas?

2. fig2k4

fig2k4 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2009
    Scotland
    Have a look at WBM. You should be able to use any volumes that show in disk management, even if it doesn't have a letter assigned.

3. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    what fig2k4 said... but if u still want to assign it a drive letter, use "easeus partition manager" (free)

there is a tutorial on how to do so here somewhere

4. kwanbis
    OP

kwanbis Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2007
    United States
    I tried EPM, it listed the drive, and allowed me to assign it a letter, but when tried to apply, it would give an error.

I just checked it on the Wii, and uLoader plays games from it without problems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice