Hacking WBFS partition NOT recognized in Windows7

kwanbis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been 4 month or more since i connected my WD Passport 500GB to my computer to add a game.

In that time, i upgraded to Windows 7.

My WD is partitioned 499GB WBFS and 1GB NTFS, where i used to keep all the Wii tools.

Now, when i connect the WD, neither the WBFS, nor the NTFS partitions where recognized.

Going through the Hard Disk Manager in Windows, shows both partitions, but any action i try to use, gives me an error:

The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persists close the Disk Management console, then restart Disk Management or restart the computer.

The only action i was able to execute, was to delete the NTFS partition, and then re-create it.

At that point, Windows assigned the W letter.

But the WBFS partition is still not assigned a letter by windows7, so i can not load any more games.

I don't want to format it again, cause i have 50 games in there, and it takes me a lot of time.

So, i was wondering, any ideas?

kwanbis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
Have a look at WBM. You should be able to use any volumes that show in disk management, even if it doesn't have a letter assigned.
Sorry, but all the options require me to add a drive letter, unless i'm missing something.

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Dec 2 2009, 04:12 PM) what fig2k4 said... but if u still want to assign it a drive letter, use "easeus partition manager" (free) there is a tutorial on how to do so here somewhere
I tried EPM, it listed the drive, and allowed me to assign it a letter, but when tried to apply, it would give an error.

I just checked it on the Wii, and uLoader plays games from it without problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE