Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WayForward who are known for such gems as Shantae, Mighty Flip Force, A Boy & His Blob, Contra 4, Aliens: Infestation, BloodRayne: Betrayal and a ton of more stuff. Ok so they do do some "work for hire" stuff where it's clear the coffee lad is making the game (Ping Pals & Happy Feet 2) but on a whole they do make interesting titles.

As we already know they have an Adventure Time game coming to DS & 3DS (both are pretty much the same title) which is looking really cool but also they have this title Hotel Transylvania for DS & 3DS (again both look the same) which while is based on a movie license, still looks a cut above the rest of the dirge that comes out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CenDBRzZHg4

Of course it doesn't look amazing but it looks interesting and decent enough to dust off the DS for an afternoon. Obviously inspired by CastleVania but at the same time puts it own spin on it.

The game was "shipped" today so should be in our flashcarts shops soon.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came in here singing "Hotel Transylvania" like the Eagles Hotel California.
I started doing the same thing, only in Spanish...I don't even know Spanish so I'm probably offending someone if they could hear me, probably translates to "Lets gangbang some transsexuals" or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6z0Zay9itk

Also: 8 year olds, Dude.

Reactions: 4 people

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
For what it's worth, the good WayForward titles tend to be the labor of love, sells great but not really amazing profit-wise kinda games. It's these games that get them funded, because they're pretty much paid by the time they finished doing these work for hire games.

EDIT: Saw the vid, not as slick as some of WayForward's best titles, but man, it definitely has that Castlevania vibe going on. And wall-running! That should be fun.

Also, what the actual fuck is up with that hotel? Dungeons and fiery depths and zombies and whatnot. LOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill