Hacking way to bypass the language problem of ak2i and dsi?

shadowboss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
is there a way to bypass the problem that i have to set the system language to english (making multi games english instead of german for me)?

i know i can add a cheat code to the database, but adding the code to 30 games is not very nice ^^
can i add the cheat code to ALL games at once? or any one-click-solution or something?

or is there another trick to start acekard with system language set to german (which would be best)?

is071004

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Would be nice if there would be a solution from the Acekard team
wink.gif
!

PS.: Hallo an alle Österreicher!!

rObOu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As you said the EZ5i works with any language so I don't understand why the problem couldn't be fixed on the Acekard 2i.

Laboei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello to you,
those of you speaking german and looking for a workaround to play games in german should have a look at the discussion in this german forum:

http://board.gulli.com/thread/1352359-work...utsch-mit-ak2i/

Workaround:
If You want to play a rom called xyz.nds in your language you need a file called xyz.cc in the same directory. You can create that file using Windows Notepad and save it as xyz.cc
In this file there has to be only the following information:

@German
;@Data Length: 2
;------------------
227FFCE4 00000003

If you prefer another language you have to replace german and the code for german:

Francais:
027FFCE4 00000002

Italiano:
027FFCE4 00000004

Espanol:
027FFCE4 00000005

You need to save a file like this for every game and it has to have exactly the same name like the ROM.
So a ROM called Zeldakart(EU).ROM needs a file called Zeldakart(EU).cc to run in your language.

And don't forget: using the AK2i cheats have to be enabled of course. START -> Patches -> Cheat/Action Replay -> enabled

If this doesn't work for you you can try it the way Stormworm describes in his blog

http://stormwormsblog.blogspot.com/

Laboei

Thanks to cory1492 and to Thotty89 for their ideas and help on this!

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the only way to solve it is by updating the loader inside the acekard.
maybe they will do this in future batches, but i dont think they will bring out a loader update for existing cards.
the problem is that everyone can extract the loader code from this update and make their own dsi cards, and maybe even update existing acekard cards to a dsi compatible version.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the hack is a well known ds game exploit, a euro release, hence why the language must be "english." it has nothing to do with the firmware loaders, or by "loader" were you refering to the hacked bootstrap?

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
when narin was working on those cheats he told me it would only work for games that already have multiple languages. some games have it as an option, others have it but the option was removed when the game was shipped. for the latter the cheats should work.

-another world

Kilvearn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It seems the codes only work with European games, am I wrong...?
E.g. I tried it with the US version of Chrono Trigger, that also has French language on it, and it didn't work...
However it's ok for the EU version of the game...

Are there different codes for US multilingual games ?

Thanks a lot :-)

ShinGlacier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i have a question among the lines of the topic :

I have a japanese DSi, and i'd like to know if there's a way to play the japanese version of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D in English...

EDIT : It seems that there is already a cheat for that, =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4